Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.


millymaymillymay Member Posts: 1 Listener
Any help or advice please

I claim esa(,sick pay) 
After an assessment in January , I was taken off it. 
I had to claim the dreaded universal credit UC
My esa was re instated and back dated. 
Since then however the council have not claimed my rent. ( they say they can't- I have to sign back onto UC)
yet I won my award back onto ESA! 
UC I am worse off more than 150. Per month. ( esa say they will pay the rent if it's claimed by the council) 
They have now given me a seek and possession order.. 
Yet without being given housing benefit I can't pay it. 
Seems ludicrous, as it's the council that claim on my behalf.. 
I have legal aid in place for the possession order.. 
I have written to my councillor, my mp, the head of housing as well as the guardian. 
I have been in touch with age uk and McMillan support. Shelter etc

Unless you can help me get to someone who knows the system . 
Thanks in advance



  • LiamO_DellLiamO_Dell Member Posts: 1,114 Pioneering
    Hi @millymay,

    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having.

    @Debbie_Scope, can you help?
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi @millymay,

    I'd like to talk to you about what's happened with your ESA and Universal Credit to see if I can provide some advice about this.

    I need to know where you live and some other personal information in order to get you the correct information and it's more secure to do this in a private conversation.

    I'm going to send you a private message but just in case it doesn't show up or you don't see it; Please would you contact me at the helpline with your details so that I can arrange a telephone call or an email conversation with you? You can reach me on [email protected] Mark your email for me and if you could post a link to this discussion thread in the email that would be really helpful too.

    Best wishes

Sign in or join us to comment.