16 hours self employment and taxes - help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

16 hours self employment and taxes - help

Options
EileenBurns
EileenBurns Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone lovely to meet you all looking for some guidance I am housebound work from home self employed for 16 hours my line of work is very saturated I made very little this years due to having to make huge changes in business direction and accomodate various physical challenges and deterioration impacting what I can do. Have just received a letter from tax office looking for an unsurmountable list of business evidence from tax credits which would take me weeks to gather. Looking for any suggestions and other options as I want to remain self employed even a few hours a week

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Eileen:

Thanks for your post. I see that you have been in the Community before. Welcome back!

Just so I better understand your question: 1)Are you looking for a new line of self-employment, 2)A way to capture the documentation you need for your current self-employment, or 3)both?

Also, what is the current nature of your self employment, and what kinds of thinks do you like to do work-wise?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • EileenBurns
    Options
    Hi Mike

Lovely to connect

No not looking for new self employment would love to continue what I do I was a stress management expert for 17 years now sell digital online courses and help coaches, therapists with marketing but him housebound due to various neurological complications. lot of dental complications and extreme noise sensitivity, non epileptic seizures, dyskinesia... etc. 
    Would love to continue being self employed so B but would be happy to continuing work  under 16 hours if permitted work allowed as I do put lot of pressure on myself

thanks a lot
    Eileen
  • MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Eileen:

It is nice to connect.

I'm still trying to understand exactly what kinds of assistance or information you are looking for in terms of the difficulty you're having with self employment.

Could you give me a bit more detail please?

Thanks,
    Mike

• EileenBurns
    Options
    Hi Mike

It looks like I can no longer get disabled tax credits on new rules as I didnt earn minimum wage this year. I would like to continue self employment in some capacity as I am totally housebound

Can I do any work around permitted work?

Also disabled tax credit are asking me to provide photocopies of a years full of business evidence copies so long its to exhausting to list but all copies of social media, all customer invoices, notes of what work I done daily over last 16 weeks..it could take several months for me to copy all this evidence..which would take up my working hours and cost me a fortune in ink. They dont accept digital copies..any suggestions

Kind Regards
    Eileen
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @EileenBurns,

I'm so sorry for the delay in a response. Have you been able to find some help and support with your enquiry?

Our wonderful Helpline team would be more than happy to help you should you need any further advice. You can call them on 0808 800 3333 or email helpline@scope.org.uk.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.