Dating and CP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dating and CP

Options
2»

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @RSW665

If you allow me to suggest one thing here,  I would recommended to stop spending time desperately looking for  a woman of life. Keep you wish in mind but I have impression that in more you trying then less successful you are.  I am sure you have a hobby, passion for something. 
    Concentrate on this topic, try to join network related to it. 
    I am sure hobby, passion connect people who knows perhaps you will find your dream Lady there. 

• Caz1980
    Caz1980 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi @RSW665
    I  have read a few of your posts. If people can't see past our differences or disabilities maybe they are not the kind of people we want or need in our lives... ? 
    It sounds to me like you have a great deal to offer  & it is just a matter of time before somebody sees that.
    Caz :) 
    Caz
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Kenny, if you constantly feel unwanted you will appear so in public and no one will show you any interest whatsoever. Some of the other comments touch on what I was referring to earlier in ways that you have to change to be more acceptable. I am only a part-time wheelchair user so am more fortunate but...... the only relationship offers I have had in the last decade or so knew I used the wheelchair at times and still tried to push me to accept a relationship. All 4 of them were physically healthy. There was no magic in this as they were my friends long before the idea of getting together occurred to them. All women want to date someone they know well before anyone they have only met recently. Unfortunately being turned down never sits well and I have lost the friendships but can (and have) always make more friends.

In case you are wondering why I refused them that's a very simple answer. My condition is unique and progressive. My local Pain Clinic had never come across it nor had a number of others they contacted for advice. I cannot find any reference on the internet of similar issues anywhere in the world. I never get the support and assistance I should. It won't be more than a couple of years before I am permanently wheelchair bound. Less than a decade after that I will be bed-ridden for the rest of my life. There is no cure, no treatment and no surgical option with less than a 40% death possibility before I even get out of recovery. I am not dragging someone else down with me especially not someone who loves me. It's bad enough my family has to go through it. Even family is deserting me. My sister and 2 of my 3 children are already distancing themselves from me. One daughter has completely cut me out of her life.

To progress in the manner you wish, stop looking for it. Go out as much as you can. Make friends and have whatever fun you still can whilst you still can. You are hundreds of times more likely to find what you are looking for if you stop looking for it.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness