Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Higher rate pip can my husband still get a job

Hi my hubby gets higher rate pip. But he wants to find some work.  Is he allowed?


  • NystagmiteNystagmite Member Posts: 609 Pioneering
    You can work on PIP. As long as why you claim doesn't contradict your job. So, if your husband claims because he can't work 20 metres, it's not going to stop him from working in IT, for example.
  • basiclee08basiclee08 Member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Yes He can. I did and as been 4 months and loving it. I needed to get back doing something. i use the pip for travel to work and get disabiity tax credits to top up wages. the Hardest part is finding a Employer to see past our Disabilities. but there are out there. wish your hushband and you all the best.

  • pepe14pennypepe14penny Member Posts: 3 Listener
    i've been awarded both enhanced mobility and care.  but i've no idea how much it is. help!?
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    It should be on your decision letter along with when it will be paid.The length of time of your award will also be on there
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.