Higher rate pip can my husband still get a job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Higher rate pip can my husband still get a job

jacquietaylor
jacquietaylor Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my hubby gets higher rate pip. But he wants to find some work.  Is he allowed?

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    You can work on PIP. As long as why you claim doesn't contradict your job. So, if your husband claims because he can't work 20 metres, it's not going to stop him from working in IT, for example.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Yes He can. I did and as been 4 months and loving it. I needed to get back doing something. i use the pip for travel to work and get disabiity tax credits to top up wages. the Hardest part is finding a Employer to see past our Disabilities. but there are out there. wish your hushband and you all the best.

Lee
  • pepe14penny
    pepe14penny Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    i've been awarded both enhanced mobility and care.  but i've no idea how much it is. help!?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It should be on your decision letter along with when it will be paid.The length of time of your award will also be on there
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.