pip home assessment aniexty — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip home assessment aniexty

Options
amanda8289
amanda8289 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hi all, I  successfully won my request for  a home visit due to help from my  local mp and seeing a doctor at my gp surgery who backed my request for home assessment but not before  paying gp surgery for the letter first. I received a pip appointment for  home assessment on 28th of this month then Friday last week  ( 21st ) i received a letter to  say my appointment is cancelled & it's now 2nd of August   (NO explanation why they have done this). I have had  fit upon fit  (I'm epileptic ) & my aniexty,depression  have gone into over drive i lost my  Temper  big time. I also suffer from clinical depression post traumatic stress disorder & only recently found out i have  emotional unstable personality as well. I can't copy with the stress of it all. I feel like it's they have   deliberately changed it & i don't have anyone else with me for the assessment & i get very agitated very quickly which some  people class as aggressive but it is part of one  my conditions (god knows which one) I AM panicking 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @amanda8289 Im sorry to hear this, it would be really useful for you to have someone with you during the assessment, is there anyone who can help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • amanda8289
    Options
    My son was there for me I've put a update on how it went n my concerns 
  • amanda8289
    Options
    Hi everyone,  I've returned to scope after going through hell the last few years, i really need to apologise for any rudeness/ snappy behaviour to anyone on here I am  sorry for behaving in this manner. 😢  since I was last on here so many things have happened and I did attempt to end it all last January. I've done it so many times now that I think I either can't do anything right or I am meant to remain here for further torture I really do think that I must of been a really bad person in a pervious life for all the **** that has happened and continues to happen in this lifetime.  Sorry for the morbid update but its only hoe I feel and the truth 😔 

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @amanda8289 good to see you on the community again.  Please, there's no need to apologise, life always has a nasty way of testing us and sometimes that can reflect in our words. But we all know better than to judge on that. :) 

Have you spoken to anyone about these thoughts? Your GP perhaps?
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 567 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi everyone,  I've returned to scope after going through hell the last few years, i really need to apologise for any rudeness/ snappy behaviour to anyone on here I am  sorry for behaving in this manner. 😢  since I was last on here so many things have happened and I did attempt to end it all last January. I've done it so many times now that I think I either can't do anything right or I am meant to remain here for further torture I really do think that I must of been a really bad person in a pervious life for all the **** that has happened and continues to happen in this lifetime.  Sorry for the morbid update but its only hoe I feel and the truth 😔 

Hi Amanda. I’m so sorry that you’re feeling so low. I understand completely that when things come tumbling down, everything feels so much worse. 
    I know a few people that have lost loved ones through suicide, and they’ve been left absolutely devastated and heartbroken, and will never get over it. Can you speak to your son, Samaritans or even a counsellor?
    You can only deal with one thing at a time, one day at a time. Little steps help.
    🤗🤗
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 166 Pioneering
    Options
    @amanda8289 “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” (Dr. Seuss)

And that, includes your own self. Use the reflection I see you utilised here, to follow a path that makes you happy and nothing less, even if it means to never change.

Its not you. Life sucks by default. Reaction differs from person to person. The world is a rich tapestry.

Smile.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.