Going to tribunal !! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going to tribunal !!

danipatt
danipatt Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi we ve been fighting for pip since may.its now going to tribunal my partner has recently been diagnosed with Severe ADHD has anyone else received pip for this condition ?? 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @danipatt It won't really help your partner to know whether anyone else with ADHD has received PIP as it isn't awarded for the condition itself but how you are affected by it. To prepare for the Tribunal others who've been through this process will be able to help more than me as it's 7 years since I went to Appeal for DLA. if you want any more help post again with any questions and help will be along soon..
  • danipatt
    danipatt Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi danipatt

What Wildlife states is correct. It's how your disabilities affect you day to day that the Tribunal will be concerned with, although diagnoses can make it simpler for them to know how to angle the questions.

A pointer would be that if the diagnosis was more recent than the award, then do make sure the Tribunal are aware that the condition was existant at the time even if the diagnosis wasn't - as no new conditions will be considered.

The CAB have some useful appeal info about what to expect at the hearing https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/your-hearing/  just remember that the panel are just asking questions, and wanting you to answer them directly, so try to stay on track - you will have the opportunity to add anything you want to at the end.

Hope this helps!

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.