MR

2»

Comments

• laghzaoui
    laghzaoui Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    bg844 said:
    laghzaoui said:
    Hi can someone explain me in this I have awarded  pip but understand because when I count it as 11 but they gave me just 9 points, please see these photos and tell me what you think because I'm confused 
    Thank you

I’m not sure where the confusion is, you was awarded 2 for preparing food, 3 for washing and bathing, 2 for managing toilet needs and 2 for dressing and undressing which gives a total of 9 points hence the standard rate award. Did you get awarded anything for mobility?
    I'm so sorry for this always when I'm reading important letters coming nervous that is why I did not realize there is on the same page however I'm not happy with the decision for mobility just 4 I don't understand how because my mobility is the most affected I can't walk even 10 minutes without crutches. Thank you for all of your
  • laghzaoui

Hello @laghzaoui,

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained your full name. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

All the best,

Tori

Online community team

Sorry about this I didn’t notice my name was on the page, Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    laghzaoui said:
    bg844 said:
    laghzaoui said:
    Hi can someone explain me in this I have awarded  pip but understand because when I count it as 11 but they gave me just 9 points, please see these photos and tell me what you think because I'm confused 
    Thank you

I’m not sure where the confusion is, you was awarded 2 for preparing food, 3 for washing and bathing, 2 for managing toilet needs and 2 for dressing and undressing which gives a total of 9 points hence the standard rate award. Did you get awarded anything for mobility?
    I'm so sorry for this always when I'm reading important letters coming nervous that is why I did not realize there is on the same page however I'm not happy with the decision for mobility just 4 I don't understand how because my mobility is the most affected I can't walk even 10 minutes without crutches. Thank you for all of your

You need to be aware that for the moving around part it's the length of distance you're able to walk, rather than how long you can walk for. Saying you can't walk more than 10 minutes doesn't tell them how far you can walk.
    For standard mobility either aid or unaided for a distance of between 20 and 50 metres would be activity 2D.
    Descriptor F for 12 points is a walking distance of no more than 20 metres.
    It helps to have some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean. You should get some expert advice from an agency near you before doing anything else. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

• laghzaoui
    laghzaoui said:
    bg844 said:
    laghzaoui said:
    Thank you

You need to be aware that for the moving around part it's the length of distance you're able to walk, rather than how long you can walk for. Saying you can't walk more than 10 minutes doesn't tell them how far you can walk.
    For standard mobility either aid or unaided for a distance of between 20 and 50 metres would be activity 2D.
    Descriptor F for 12 points is a walking distance of no more than 20 metres.
    It helps to have some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean. You should get some expert advice from an agency near you before doing anything else. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

Thank you so much Poppy this information help ls me to understand because I’m nervous parson and I can’t expressing myself many thanks 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing

That’s ok @laghzaoui. We appreciate you might not always be aware but we do this to protect you and others in our community.

How are you feeling at the moment? If there’s anything else we can do to support you please don’t hesitate to let us know  :)

• laghzaoui
    edited January 2023

That’s ok @laghzaoui. We appreciate you might not always be aware but we do this to protect you and others in our community.

How are you feeling at the moment? If there’s anything else we can do to support you please don’t hesitate to let us know  :)

honestly I’m not well enough I’m suffering  with different health problems physically and mentally and I don’t like to be like this because before I was doing everything now I need help with everything and I can’t look after my children this is so hard it broken my heart my kids them age is from 13,1,8 and 4 my husband has to do everything for me and kids and just imagine I can’t go out with my family always I’m in my bed because of this pain I have I can’t walk also I can’t be around people, I don’t want them to see me because 2 months ago my friends saw me they were asking questions and they feel sorry about me and this makes me feel so bad. I would like to thank everyone here I feel like I’m with my family big hugs to all of you💐
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    It can be difficult when we experience changes that affect the way we can live our lives @laghzaoui. I've heard some community members relate this to a feeling of grief, of an old life, or of one you thought you'd have. Is that something that resonates with you at all? 

Are you receiving any support for your mental and physical health conditions? 

And no problem regarding the image you posted- it's easily done! Just try and check before you post if you can, and block out any personal information. 
  • laghzaoui
    It can be difficult when we experience changes that affect the way we can live our lives @laghzaoui. I've heard some community members relate this to a feeling of grief, of an old life, or of one you thought you'd have. Is that something that resonates with you at all? 

Are you receiving any support for your mental and physical health conditions? 

And no problem regarding the image you posted- it's easily done! Just try and check before you post if you can, and block out any personal information. 
    Hi Tori 
    I'm attending physiotherapy and for mental, I had my first session with therapy last week and medication.
    Tomorrow my social workershe will come to my home I will ask her to help me with the appeal 
    Thank you 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    How have you been finding the physiotherapy, therapy and medication @laghzaoui? I hope you are finding them useful. 

Best of luck with navigating the appeal. I hope this is something your social worker is able to support you with. 

Please feel free to let us know how it all goes and if you need any further support in the meantime. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,107 Trailblazing
    Hi,
    The average walking pace is 2.5 to 4 mile per hour.
    Taking the lower value of 2.5 mile per hour, that`s 4.02336 kilometre per hour
    4.02336 kilometres per hour works out at 1.1176 metre per second.
    1.1176 metre per second x 60 seconds (1 minute) = 67.056 metre per minute

You say you can`t walk further than 10 minutes, which equates to:
    67.056 metre per minute x 10 = 670.56 metre in 10 minutes.  I`m not surprised you didn`t get any more than 4 points.

May I suggest that you move away from using minutes to describe how far you can walk to using distances and how those distances affect you.
    For my application, I used a corner shop as an example.  The corner shop is 79m from my house; to get to the shop I have to go through my back door, my fence gate (10.5m from my back door) and my drive gate (15m from the fence gate).  I used Google Maps / Google Earth to measure the distance to each point and explained how I felt at each point.

In the example I gave, my back was aching before I left my back door.  By the time I got to the fence gate, the pain was horrendous.  By the time I got to my drive gate I had to stop and lean against my gate post for a couple of minutes to allow the pain to ease before moving on. I had to stop on the other side of the road for a little while to ease the pain before continuing.

Andy

• laghzaoui
    Cartini said:
    Hi,
    The average walking pace is 2.5 to 4 mile per hour.
    Taking the lower value of 2.5 mile per hour, that`s 4.02336 kilometre per hour
    4.02336 kilometres per hour works out at 1.1176 metre per second.
    1.1176 metre per second x 60 seconds (1 minute) = 67.056 metre per minute

You say you can`t walk further than 10 minutes, which equates to:
    67.056 metre per minute x 10 = 670.56 metre in 10 minutes.  I`m not surprised you didn`t get any more than 4 points.

May I suggest that you move away from using minutes to describe how far you can walk to using distances and how those distances affect you.
    For my application, I used a corner shop as an example.  The corner shop is 79m from my house; to get to the shop I have to go through my back door, my fence gate (10.5m from my back door) and my drive gate (15m from the fence gate).  I used Google Maps / Google Earth to measure the distance to each point and explained how I felt at each point.

In the example I gave, my back was aching before I left my back door.  By the time I got to the fence gate, the pain was horrendous.  By the time I got to my drive gate I had to stop and lean against my gate post for a couple of minutes to allow the pain to ease before moving on. I had to stop on the other side of the road for a little while to ease the pain before continuing.

Andy

Many thanks to you 
    you are the start that is why because I’m just saying 10 minutes but is not today I attend job center and I could not work with the pain I think the way was just 5 miters from now I will use mitere because I thought 10 minutes is same as mites 
    thank you for this information was useful