Hi, my name is Janoula! PIP renewal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Janoula! PIP renewal

Options
2»

Comments

• Janoula
    Janoula Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    I know you can claim PIP and work, as I did until I simply could no longer.
  • Janoula
    Options
    I am a little confused. Had PIP awarded think it was 7 years ago looking back on papers. Had a telephone interview re renewal sent in well over a year ago. Now I see that on my medical records it says 'pip report allocated to.....' Why do they send a report to GP, how does it affect my renewal? How does the GP know exactly how far I can walk, or what I need help for in home? Is this looking like I am going to have to fight for my pip even though my scoliosis gets worse month on month, and also I sent lots of copies of letters from consultants etc anyway? This is a very distressing time, no matter what people say, I have a friend who worked for DWP years ago and she assures me they try to take it off you, even she had to appeal and she had lost her job at DWP due to it ! Constantly stressed, daren't even pay anyone to do anything for me now in case I have to try to sell something to get help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They may have contacted your GP as part of the safe guarding process if they had concerns with your health conditions. I've never known them actually send the PIP assessment report to any GP. What exactly did they send? Was it a form for your GP to fill out? It's rare for them to contact anyone but it can happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Janoula
    Options
    It says Capital Report allocated to Dr..... When I rang them today, as I still can't access the recording with the passwords they send, I asked. They said some get a double check, routine and ad hoc, just to make sure they have the details. I am not convinced ! I perhaps should not have asked friend before, because I just feel so stressed that they can't possibly understand a lifetime condition I had diagnosed since 23 years old, but got worse and worse til eventually I claimed in my very late fifties. The doctors I spoke to today, on a pre arranged phone call surgery requested for another matter, could not see any report just the comment.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have no idea what that could be sorry. I see you've now had your assessment so all you can do now is wait for the decision, this can take yp to 12 weeks once the assessment report was returned to DWP. I realise the wait is very stressful, you're not alone in thinking this but try to focus on something else while you wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.