Hi, my name is keggz! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is keggz!

Options
keggz
keggz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just been told that i have not got to send a fit note to uc anymore and not have to look for jobs will my uc payment go up or not thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It depends what award you have been given you need to be given LCWRA to get more money which is limited capability to work and work related activity 

If you have been awarded LCW eg just limited capability to work then there is no additional payment 

If it is LCWRA the extra is paid from the 4th full assessment period after you reported your medical condition 
  • keggz
    keggz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply,yes i have been awarded lcwra my payment are the 27 of every month and i first handed in a fit note in April 2022,but don't know or understand what I'm going to get extra if any thing extra at all,hope you can get what I'm trying to say thanks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

You will get an additional £354.28 each month from limited dates you have given thuis should be paid from your Sept payment so you will be owed back pay 

Back pay is paid seperate and can take few weeks to calculate and be paid keep an eye on your old statements and once they show the lcwra element eg the old amount paid changes then they have done the calculation 

The payment is only paid to 1 person per claim so if you are a couple claiming and the other person already gets lcwra then there will not be any additional payment 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.