A short life history

Options
escasoni
escasoni Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi folks,  just a brief few words about me and my nearest and dearest. 

I'm married to a wonderful lady and have been for the past 47 years.  We're both retired and were enjoying life when Christine was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 3 years ago.  Things obviously changed for us then and I've beome her full time carer. 

I've spent a lifetime travelling the globe, first of all at sea as a marine engineer, then in Norway on the construction of offshore oil rigs, and lastly for 15 years in Newfoundland Canada, again in connection with the offshore oil industry.  Luckily, madam was able to be with me for much of that but she'll never, ever make a good sailor !!  I remember once when we were sailing round the coast of New Zealand, the guys on board suggested they make a cardboard cut out of her propped against the lounge bar, and let her take the bus to the next port.

Nowadays I spend some free time in archery, but we still manage to get up to Scotland for some salmon fishing - me fishing, not her.  The problem is basically finding accommodation suitable for the disabled.  Not many places are properly equipped, especially with bedroom toilet facilities, commodes and a comfortable bedroom lounge chair she can stay in most of the day.  But we soldier on.

I think I've covered most things about us, but I could natter on for ages. 

Nice to join the community so I hope I can contribute and make my stay worthwhile for everyone.

Comments