Pip review

jennyann30
jennyann30 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Was awarded pip last year but just before Christmas health changed due to having heart attack so informed pip they sent me review form which I sent back yesterday I received a phone call from them asking questions then today received a text Hello from Independent Assessment Services. We conduct Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessments for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This is for information purposes only, to let you know that we are managing your PIP assessment. We will look at the available evidence and will contact you with an appointment if we need to have a consultation with you. You can find information about the service we provide at https://mypipassessment.co.uk. You do not need to contact us.now im confused if I need an assessment or not and if I do why did they ring me out of the blue yesterday sorry but my anxiety is through the roof 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    Sometimes they will ring to ask questions to see if they can write the report without having an assessment. If after that phone call they still don't have enough of information to write the report then an assessment will be needed.

Are you aware that any worsening of condition must have been there for at least 3 months and expect it to last at least a further 9 months.
  • jennyann30
    jennyann30 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I just mentioned I had the heart attack to them and they said they would send me the form it was when we all got paid late in the day on the Monday I only said it was stressful as only had the heart attack 4 days previous 
  • poppy123456
    Yes but please remember that when you ring PIP you're speaking to someone from a call centre. When you ring to report changes such as this they are likely to send another form for you to fill in and return and the whole process starts again. You must be very careful about reporting changes.

Having said that i hope you're recovering well now.
  • poppy123456
    I see yesterday you started a thread saying the DWP rang you to ask you some questions. See thread. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/101131/pip-phone-call#latest As advised on that thread that is was most likely the decision maker to see if a decision can be made without sending your file to the health assessment providers.

It's possible a decision may not have been made and your file could have been sent the health assessment providers since yesterday.