If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bored!

Options
bored
bored Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, my name is joan, and i used the word bored because i feel isolated and lonely.

Comments

• katz23
    katz23 Community member Posts: 1,895 Pioneering
    Options
    bored said:
    Hi everyone, my name is joan, and i used the word bored because i feel isolated and lonely.
    Hi @bored, I can relate to your words.

I think that you might find the Coffee Lounge a helpful place. 💜
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,225 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bored I joined Scope back in September I have spent my life in isolation although I live with my bf. ( that’s another story) He has done so also. No family no friends completely alone. I can honestly say this forum has probably saved me. I have had a couple of small hiccups but because with Asperger I can get extremely close to folk on here but then feel overwhelmed and completely back off and need to start over. That’s why my post numbers are low.  But my emotions are accepted because that’s what Scope is about. 
    I am so use to isolation and prefer it. It can bite back. That this site gave me so much it was frightening. But at the end off the day folk here will be here for you. You only have to reach out as you have done. 
  • bored
    Options
    Hi Ada, yes it can be tough being or feeling alone. Yet you learn  a lot .about youreself. Things people take for granted like going on holiday or a night out passes me by,But i look after my autistic daughter alone, some times i think people think we are invisible , but such is life, it has its funny side, Love is a beautiful thing.

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,225 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am sorry your suffering. I know what feeling invisible feels like. But my problem is I don’t like feeling so isolated yet I don’t like being around folk. Asperger is a member of autism. But I have physical demons that keep me indoors also. 
    If your loneliness is not because of demons. What about starting up a cuppa afternoon for folk with autistic kids. It could lead to all sorts of fabulous days out 
  • bored
    Options
    not many autistics about here thats for sure, but we go to the little portugese bar, and have a cofee. people do come and talk to you.you say physical demons, what happens if you go out? Do you get panic attacks anxiety?

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bored and a warm welcome to our community, how's your Thursday going?

Thanks for telling us a little more about your story, how old is your daughter? And do you live in England?

We're always here for some virtual company so please do pop by whenever you fancy a natter, maybe give our virtual coffee lounge a visit?

As you can see, a lot of our members understand how you feel and also what it is to be isolated too  <3 Do you do any hobbies or have any interests?

We look forward to getting to know you some more. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.