Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Loz! :)

Options
loz_
loz_ Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
edited February 2023 in Start here and say hello!
Hey everyone :) 

I’m Loz and i’m a 25 year old woman recently diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome. I have been hypermobile my whole life and spent my whole childhood contorting myself into weird positions to entertain my friends and family and I would constantly be showing off how bendy all of my joints are. My first dislocation was at the age of 12 at school and there was no trauma to the joint to cause the dislocation. I have always suffered joint pain and all of the symptoms I have now but never really noticed until the major pain and more frequent subluxations started in late 2021. After that I noticed that I was constantly fatigued and often needing to sleep for hours during the day despite sleeping for at least 10 hours the previous night, I was in extreme pain in my joints most of the time with frequent subluxations in my shoulders and elbows, I noticed I have always bruised easily and my skin tears easily and heals slowly/poorly, I have always had GI issues that were becoming more prominent in my life, my coordination wasn’t brilliant and I am extremely clumsy, I felt dizzy when I stood up sometimes and all of this prompted me to make an appointment with my doctor who did an examination and referred me to rheumatology. When I saw the rheumatologist she did the beighton score test which I scored 8/9 on and she did an examination on my other joints which were also very hypermobile. She listened to all of my symptoms and checked my skin. She said that I have atrophic scarring in some places and she also said my skin is extremely soft (which I often get compliments on and I don’t even use any creams!). She also said my skin is slightly more stretchy than the average person and that is how I was diagnosed with JHS! I have been prescribed stronger painkillers and meds for my GI issues as well as being referred for physio. Thanks for reading and I can’t wait to meet you all :)
pronouns: she/her. age 25. 🤍

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.