If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp uc restart headache

Options
Philonline
Philonline Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
Once again these people are driving me mad, even though I was born disabled with right leg hips and lower spine problems, my doctor has given me regular 3 month fit notes not fit for work, the UC people have decided I am fit for work, I have for a second time requested a MR which is in hand, at least this time they actually notified me unlike the last time that I stopped in its tracks,  well they kindly handed me over to a restart group who said you need a MR as you will find it difficult to find acceptable employment and they kindly refunded half the taxi fees to get there as it was my only option. Well thinking it was all over they have now decided to totally trash my old CV from about ten years ago before my last operation and highlight the worst two jobs I've ever had, removed the best ones and totally embellish it with things I've never done! They are going to phone me tomorow and talk about it but I have told them I will not lie on a cv or waste employers time by hiding the fact that I am disabled and 61 years old and they said that is negative no I said that is truthful and transparent, these people really do know how to wind me up.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear how frustrated you're feeling @Philonline it sounds like a real uphill battle! Have you had a phone call about your CV today? If so, how did it go?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Philonline
    Options
    About exactly as I was expecting, I cant have anything about my mobility problems on it as its negative, I cant have my date of birth on it as I will be overlooked because I'm old as if having an interview will change that? I cant have any jobs older than 10 years on it as they are irrelevant even though in the last ten years I have had a job that literally put me in hospital, one job I was not qualified for in a shop rented by a drug addict who done a disappearing act and a job through new deal for the disabled that I wish I had never done a laundry assistant in a nursing home it was a s**t job for real , to be honest I cant even put reasons for leaving on it the whole thing is a joke and they want me at 61 to attend a course to raise my self esteem when they will only pay half the taxi fare to get there, I am really at a loss what they think they can do with me on elbow crutches and at my age, stupidity or bonus and target related is all I can imagine?
  • punchnJudy64
    punchnJudy64 Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh no!. I hope things work out for u. I’ve no hope then . I’m two yrs younger than u. I have addissons disease, chronic kidney disease, osteoarthritis and mental health issues after leaving an awful marriage.  They are ringing me on 6 th March. I’m not hopeful but quite honestly I’m struggling badly, although I do have some decent days.  You should get help. I’m sorry ur going through this 
  • Philonline
    Options
    Oh no!. I hope things work out for u. I’ve no hope then . I’m two yrs younger than u. I have addissons disease, chronic kidney disease, osteoarthritis and mental health issues after leaving an awful marriage.  They are ringing me on 6 th March. I’m not hopeful but quite honestly I’m struggling badly, although I do have some decent days.  You should get help. I’m sorry ur going through this 
    Thanks I will be playing by ear as they say until I hear about my mandatory reconsideration but snap with the bad relationship I was even stole from and I'm talking thousands which I trusted was being invested towards my next to non existing pension but we live and learn dont think I will ever trust again, reading up on the restart scheme it seems they cant force you into anything you are not comfortable in doing so I will be giving their course the red light and my doctor has revised my next fit note so they should have to start the process all over again, this looks like a targeted attempt at the disabled, elderly and infirm claiming UC but I have made it quite clear I will not go to an interview for a position which I know is unsuitable, I will not worsen myself financially and I will not even consider any magical job opportunities that are below the NI threshold, I dont think it went down well but at my age I really dont care for these silly attempts that governments keep coming up with to reduce the unemployed numbers to make them look good. Good luck with yours it's not what I would call a pleasant friendly experience that's for sure. 
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    Thank you. I’m dreading the call. I’ve always been one of those people who pushes themselves, but I just don’t have it in me.  My body hurts and mentally I’m drained. If I don’t get help I honestly don’t know what I’ll do. While I was in my marriage he was on dating sites, controlling everything ( even the tv), I wasn’t allowed to go out other than work or shopping. I became suicidal and saved up medication.  I’m not at that stage now but who knows what the future holds. Life isn’t easy at the best of times. I should have been heading to retirement next yr(60) but I can’t physically do it till I’m 67.  I hope u get the result u need. I feel like a beggar, that’s how they make u feel x
  • Philonline
    Options
    I hope your three way call is better than the one I got they were talking over each other and sounded like they had their heads in a bucket and they had the cheek to say I was being negative about attending all I was asking was where is it as the three different names they gave me didn't even Google lol Reed, Restart and Northern Rights, why they need three names is beyond me or is it tax purposes so they can defraud the government lol
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    Sounds like a nightmare. Well I’ll either get help or I won’t . If I don’t, I have no idea what I’ll do. Crawl to work probably. I’m sorry you have had such a nightmare.  They make u feel like ur nothing. I don’t want to claim really but I’m at a stage that I need help. I’ve always worked and I feel bad enough asking for help. I really hope u get sorted because u shouldn’t have to jump through hoops when u r obviously genuine 
  • Philonline
    Options
    It is what it is and its happening to 100s of disabled and sick people and there is a petition to stop it at the moment but keep in touch and let me know how you get on, you never know you might have totally the opposite of the situation I am in.
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of people have problems. We really shouldn’t. They want to know about a normal day rather than ur disability or illness which is really stupid when u think about it. If u didn’t have a disability or illness u wouldn’t need help.  I really hope I don’t have the same issues but I’m doubtful. I’ll let u know how I get on though. Thank you for the chat,
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    Well I had the phone call. Just waiting to see what happens now. I don’t mind working but I just can’t do too many hours because I hurt too much.  I hope they will stop pushing me to 40 hrs as it’s totally in doable. I’ll let you know when I hear something.
  • Philonline
    Options
    It's crazy my hip on my deformed leg is playing up again, I have bi lateral deformed hips, the doctor has gave me a fit note not fit for work yet I still have to attend these stupid face to face restart meetings or I will be reported and possibly sanctioned, I have never been treat like this before, my MR was upheld in the favour of the UC due to their unrealistic descriptors used in the assessment.
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    It’s ridiculous isn’t it. I have osteoarthritis, spondylitis on my neck and spine, addissons disease and kidney disease. Restless legs etc etc and I’m happy to work but they want me to do 40 hrs. I’m a cleaner, self employed. No way will my body do that. I’m exhausted after work. I fall asleep after walking my dogs ( which is hard going after work but needs must). To be fair they are lucky I want to work. I was offered an unfit to work note and turned it down for a fit note, I must be crazy. I also have chronic kidney disease and will need a new one in a few yrs .  Wish I could afford to retire but I can’t do that’s that. I hope u start getting fairer treatment. Not sure what they expect from you .
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    I’ve had no help I don’t know about Philonline.
  • Philonline
    Options
    CAB are in the pockets of the DWP these days, they even signed a non disclosure agreement with them, I would not trust them they have lost all credibility, welfare rights? If your doctors decision holds no level of power against these people what will they be able to do? I will go along with this merry go round for now but if I end up in hospital again or in a wheelchair I will be going direct to the press and TV, there is a massive petition against this going to number 10 very soon.
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    It’s difficult. I really hope ur ok but u seem strong in mind so hopefully u can get through this with the results u r hoping for x
  • Philonline
    Options
    Just Had my second Face to face and these restart people need watching closely, they keep on pushing a work from home tele sales person for BT even though I have told them over and over again that I do not have the temperament to do that and I do not have a land line or internet just my mobile phone, today they gave me a free for two years all paid LTE router which runs on 5G as if they are the most generous and helpful people in the world, not so! it only comes with an introduction Data bundle of 24GB which is 60 hours of voip (voice over ip) after that you need to sign up for a 3  data package like I need another bill to pay, needless to say it's back in the box and they can stick it.
  • Breacon
    Breacon Community member Posts: 101 Courageous
    Options
    Hi both,
    I've been reading your messages, Phil on line, your soooo funny,
    You say it, as it is......I'm sorry to hear, that you are both going through this Trauma, that's how I describe anything to do with the benefit system.
    I hope you both receive the right outcomes.
    Best wishes.
  • Philonline
    Options
    Oh It gets worse, my so called coach at restart did not know what a national insurance class 1 credit is when I told her I would not consider A job under the threshold as my pension credits were so diminished due to only been able to work part time due to disability, does she ever look at her pay slip? she gave me a form to fill in asking for details about my pip and savings, I got some legal advice and no they have no rights to that information, later tonight I decided to read this other piece of paperwork she gave me and it recommends potential Mental health referral, I'm really not amused with these people and will be recommending that they sort themselves out quickly. Just for clarification she asked me to screenshot my UC commitments and it clearly says I do not have to look for work, I happily sent her that.
  • Philonline
    Options
    These People Are Beyond A Joke! today had a text and an email about a course I was booked on to attend tomorrow a course I had never heard of or been spoke to about, needless to say I phoned them and put them right, no apologies or explanation unbelievable, also put my feelings about this on my journal, totally hopeless.
  • Breacon
    Breacon Community member Posts: 101 Courageous
    Options
    Ohhhh dear,

You  soon begin to loose the will,
    Keep your chin up & keep fighting....that's what it's all about...
    For all the people that fight, your probably saving many, from going through the same thing, we'll let's hope that's the case...
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.