Hi, my name is phila67! a bit confused over lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is phila67! a bit confused over lcwra

Options
phila67
phila67 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Am a bit confused over lcwra

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @phila67 - & welcome to the community. What is puzzling you about LCWRA?
  • phila67
    Options
    I was declared unfit for work due to a prescribed diesease I claimed uc on the 16/08/22 gave constant fit notes got awarded lcwra on mon 20/02/23 when will I get my my first payment and if any how much back pay thanks 
  • phila67
    Options
    It’s also been 11 weeks since I had a dwp medical at home to claim Idb benefit 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    phila67 said:
    I was declared unfit for work due to a prescribed diesease I claimed uc on the 16/08/22 gave constant fit notes got awarded lcwra on mon 20/02/23 when will I get my my first payment and if any how much back pay thanks 

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. Providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them the whole time without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA.

If you reported your health condition on the same day you claimed UC and sent a fit note within 7 days of that then your waiting period will be Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov... LCWRA starts from AP 16th Nov to 15th Dec and your first payment will be 22nd Dec.

Any money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and can often take a few weeks to pay what is owed.

phila67 said:
    It’s also been 11 weeks since I had a dwp medical at home to claim Idb benefit 

Can't advise about timescales for this because we have very few members that post about this. If you are successfully awarded this then it will affect your UC and reduce it £1 for £1. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/getting-benefits-if-you-got-ill-or-were-injured-at-work/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • phila67
    Options
    I claimed uc on the 16/08/22 and had already been signed unfit fir work two weeks before that so I told them from day one I had a disability and showed the fit note in day one 
  • phila67
    Options
    So Idb just cancels any money fir money out am also going to claim pip 
    thanks for all of your help in this situation 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    phila67 said:
    So Idb just cancels any money fir money out
    For your UC yes it does. It doesn't affect any entitlement to PIP. If you're claiming New style ESA as well then it doesn't affect this but the ESA is deducted in full from any UC entitlement anyway.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • phila67
    Options
    I’ve worked all of my life am now 55 and not got a clue what I can or cannot claim 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    To claim New style ESA it will depend on your NI contributions in tax years 2020/21 and 2021/22. As advised, it will be deducted in full from your UC entitlement but because it's not means tested then it's worth claiming if you're entitled. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance (providing you're not claiming SSP from an employer)

• phila67
    Options
    My ni contribute are up to date been self employed for about four years was diagnosed with prescribed disease in 2014/2015 but kept on working 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    As far as PIP goes, have a look at the activities/descriptors that are used first: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/personal-independence-payment-descriptors-and-scores-april-2022.pdf
    You can start a claim for PIP here: https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim
    PIP is not about any diagnoses, but rather how your disability affects certain activities of daily living &/mobility & whether you can do any applicable activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat as often as one would reasonably expect, or if it takes you much longer than someone without a disability. See this mentioned at the end of the link above.
    Please come back with any questions.
  • phila67
    Options
    Thank you for all of your help and advice I’ll look into it tomorrow but for now am off to try get some sleep thanks again 
  • phila67
    Options
    Sorry just a quick one the pip form seems very similar to the uc 50 form tbh I’ll have no problems passing that also can you not claim pip online thanks again
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP and LCWRA are completely different with totally different criteria. For PIP you need to score at least 8 points in either and/or daily living and mobility to have a standard award. At least 12 points needed in either of those for Enhanced.

Being awarded LCWRA has no affect on a PIP claim.

You need to phone PIP to claim (see link chiarieds has posted above) they may ask if you want to apply online but it's not offered to everyone. If they don't then you'll be sent the PIP2 form in the post to fill in and return.

You will likely need an assessment as most people have them. They are mostly done by telephone.
  • phila67
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the advice 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Whilst there are similarities, I believe there's a bit more to the PIP claim form, which you can see here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advice (public)/PIP2 form January 2021.pdf
    Some people have been given an email link to complete their PIP claim form online, but I'm not sure this is always an option. One problem members have identified is that they can't return to it to amend it, so the usual way is still perhaps preferable, & useful if you want to keep a copy of the paperwork you've completed, for your assessment for example.

• phila67
    Options
    Hello again I’ve got a letter saying the following does sound correct thanks 
  • phila67
    Options
    Also my mum has lost 69 pound a week off her pension credit because I moved in with her she was told if I have a disability she can get it back 
    is lcwra classed as a disability thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The letter is correct. It's the money they owe you for the LCWRA element. They've recalculated your past statements to calculate how much you have been paid against what you should have been paid. The difference between the two is what they owe you.. £1062.84.

phila67 said:
    Also my mum has lost 69 pound a week off her pension credit because I moved in with her she was told if I have a disability she can get it back 
    is lcwra classed as a disability thanks 
    That will be because she was claiming the Severe disability Premium with her pension credit. Unfortunately, the LCWRA element you have is not a disability benefit.

If you're eventually awarded daily living PIP she will then be entitled to the SDP if there's no other adults living with you (unless they also claim a qualifying disability benefit or they are registered blind.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.