Hi, my name is Dave ! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dave !

Options
davidb2010
davidb2010 Scope Member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi,
I am Dave and am new to the disabled community.
I had a below knee amputation of my leg last month during emergency surgery. Recovering well, but after 57 years of being fully able-bodied the future is quite daunting !
Looking forward to sharing my journey here and also taking in loads of advice from fellow members.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @DaveBundy welcome to our great group, you've certainly come to the right forum.
    I'm glad to hear your healing good, i should imagine it has had a big impact on your life, we have a few members in your position, i'm sure you will get all the help and advice of them if you need any.
    When your ready have a look around the site, we have lots going on and you can join in when you like, 
    I look forward to seeing you around, any problems finding your way around the site, just ask, someone is bound to be online - Enjoy 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I am an amputee also 6 years down the line it takes a lot of adjusting but you will get there just take it one day at a time 

Happy to share my experiences with you anytime 

Take care 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @DaveBundy and a warm welcome to our online community, how's your day going?

I can imagine it being quite a shock to the system having an amputation, so the gamut of feelings you'll be slowly processing are to be expected  <3 As Janer said, there will be a period of adjustment to your 'new' body so go easy on yourself and please do talk with your support system if you experience any low moods. 

It would be fab to see you about our community more, so be sure to check out our different categories and our recent discussions to see what has everyone talking.

Also, I'm going to email you shortly (nothing to worry about) so please keep an eye out for that. Happy Friday!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.