Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

How long for a decision on my PIP review?

Options
bigpineapples
bigpineapples Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited March 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a pip review back in September 2022 my end date for pip was Oct 2022 but with the back log I am still getting it ... however I recieved a text stating that my pip is now under review as in there looking at it .how long from now will this take for a final decision.  01.03.2023

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An assessment is most likely because most have them even for reviews. These are mostly by telephone. 
    There’s no timescales how long it can take, though there are excessive backlogs for reviews. It could still be quite sometime yet. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bigpineapples
    Options
    I recieved a text around December time telling me they have large backlogs .
    I then recieved a letter in Jan telling me my pip has been extended until Oct 2023 (under review ) because of backlogs but they can contact me any time to start my review (bare in mind my pip was suppose to be ended my award date ended was Oct 2022.)
    The text I received yday said they are now looking at my review I don't need to contact them etc etc . I'm thinking will it be another few months yet or will it be a matter of weeks until I get the dreaded letter of doom?I really struggle with change hence a part of my mental health this has driven me into overdrive if I'm honest 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    We've had quite a few members that have received this text in the past few months, it's just a standard text. You're not the only person to feel this way with the exceptionally long delays with review decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bigpineapples and a warm welcome to our online community, how's your Thursday going?

I understand your apprehension about the dreaded brown letter, however as it's currently out of your control, try to distract yourself from those troubling thoughts if you can. Do you feel you are getting sufficient support with your mental health?

Also, just to let you know, I've amended your thread title to reflect your question and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category so others can spot it more easily.

Take care and wishing you all the best.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bigpineapples
    Options
    I am doing OK I guess

I just wanted to know has anyone had any experience with the text I got then how long after did they hear anything 
  • HayleyRX
    HayleyRX Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    I have been waiting 15 months for my assesment. DWP received my review forms the 13/12/2021 I got a text this morning from independant assesment service saying my assesment is booked for 16th of march ( telephone ).. it is a a long wait but they will get in touch with you :)
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@bigpineapples

Good morning I hope your well.
    I received my txt in August 22 saying they were looking at my review.Then November 22 I got an assessment date off January 23.
    I hope this helps a bit but as sd before everyone’s experience is different as wait times will be different in different areas.

I hope you don’t have to much longer to wait.

Take care ❤️
  • bigpineapples
    Options
    Its horrible all the waiting isn't it .
    I'm hoping my review form is enough and I don't need another assessment because I cannot cope with them if I'm honest.  I really struggle not only have I had them with PIP in the past I've also had to have them for UC .I find the people who conduct the UC ones are much nicer, I had a lovely lady who could hear I wad struggling and ended the call after 7mins and said not to worry.  
    Pip are horrible I find and I dread the letters and texts I just want to know the date then I can fret over that .
  • HayleyRX
    HayleyRX Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Yes I first applied for p.i.p in 2019. I had a f2f assessment and soon after I had my UC assessment which I found less stressfull! Then I had my p.i.p decision. Then my UC decision... now my review assessment is 2 weeks time, I'm guessing I will have to have another UC assessment so I will keep this site updated with my circumstances to see if it help others 😀. I hope your not waiting too much longer now but they will be in touch X
  • bigpineapples
    Options
    I hate waiting and find it worse to know that I could get the dreaded brown letter through the door as it is coming up to April we get them left right and centre because of changes for April rises etc funny though they are no longer brown ! Now white ha . I really struggle with change I hate it and find it hard to cope I just like to know everything is going to be OK,  having yet again to explain my illness to someone who doesn't understand. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The pending doom sounds horrible @bigpineapples :( I hope everything will be ok for you but please don't hesitate to shout if you need anything  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Whirlygirl1
    Whirlygirl1 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Ive had 3 texts now since October 2022, the last one yesterday saying 'we still have your PIP form and will be progressing your review as soon as we can.'  Its affecting my Blue Badge renewal (I rececently reapplied for that as I received an email from them prompting me to do so before it runs out at the end of May 2023), I received a new Blue Badge yesterday which was dated from ...wait for it... 1st June to 30th July! What a collossal waste of resources!  Im assuming all because Im waiting for my PIP renewal and the two are linked??  I have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis so my condition is never going to get
    better or go away.  Why do I and many others like me have to keep going through this?  Can they not just give us a longer badge period, say 10 years? 

• poppy123456
    Options
    The longest a BB can be awarded for is 3 years or for the length of the PIP award, which ever is sooner. I get what you mean about the BB, mine ran out 3 times in 2021 so had to apply 3 times for a new one because my PIP was extended twice.
  • bigpineapples
    Options
    Update 

I got a text saying my dreaded renewal has turned into an phone assessment in 2 weeks time ! I am absolutely dreading it and am beside myself . My carer thankfully will be here on the day and will offer me help but last time I had a panic attack on the phone and I was alone . 😔 
    I hate that I have to try and explain myself with silly questions I start to panic I hate this and I already think they didn't have to give me an assessment they could of just cleared me so I am already doomed . I think they gave PIP out a lot in lockdown and had a lot of backlogs now they want to get everyone off it . I know they won't listen 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I already think they didn't have to give me an assessment they could of just cleared me so I am already doomed 
    The majority of people have assessments, even for reviews. I usually advise people to expect one, this way it’s not too much of a shock if one is needed. It doesn’t mean you’re going to be refused. 
    Paper based assessments are rare, although possible. 

• dd88
    dd88 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi im new to this thread i was on another one but everyone has seemed to dissappear on it.
    I was waiting 17 months for my renewal assistance and i finally had a phone call one on 7th march almost 3 weeks ago.
    I got a txt 3 hours after assessment saying dwp have my report, i have rang 3 times for my report to be sent out for them to just keep saying i cannot have it until a decision is made.
    And then 3 days ago i received a letter saying " we now have all the information we need to decide if we can award you pip.
    so now i am getting very stressed out and anxious that its not going to be the result im wanting as i didn't have much evidence as i am im waiting on appointments for different things 8 referrals in total some i have been waiting 2 years for appointments. 
    Has anyone else had this letter and how long did it take after tge letter for you to get a decision?
  • dd88
    Options
    sorry i ment 17 months for assessment renewal 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    dd88 said:
    sorry i ment 17 months for assessment renewal 
    The letter you received is a standard letter they send everyone. There’s no timescales at this stage. 
    Once the report was returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Once a decision is made you will be sent the decision letter. 
  • dd88
    Options
    @poppy123456
    thank you for your reply , i guessed it would of been a automatic letter i think im hoping for a txt message before a letter for decision as i have seen most people get a txt of awarded pip and most who just get a letter is a refusal letter.
    im currently on standard rate but hoping for enhanced for a dramatic change to my health needs.
    but like i seid i don't have much evidence yet due to waiting on appointments. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They only send text with awards for new claims. They don't send them for review decisions.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.