Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

How long for a decision on my PIP review?

Options

Comments

• dd88
    dd88 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456
    oh raily? i didn't know that , so will i not get that txt everyone is on about on here saying "we have not made a decision yet ? or will mine be a straight forward letter do you think? im sure i read someones post on hear that they got a txt reward from review 🙄
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,096 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    dd88 said:
    @poppy123456
    oh raily? i didn't know that , so will i not get that txt everyone is on about on here saying "we have not made a decision yet ? or will mine be a straight forward letter do you think? im sure i read someones post on hear that they got a txt reward from review 🙄

When you were referring to a text before the decision letter, i thought you were talking about a text with a decision. You've already had a letter telling you they have all the information they need, so why would you want the same information in a text, seems rather pointless.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dd88
    Options
    @poppy123456
    what i ment was everyone has been getting a txt message to say they haven't reached a decision yet but i didn't get that txt i just received a letter saying they have all the information they need to make a decision. 
    so i have no idea if i would get a txt next to say weather iv been awarded again or if they will just send a letter whatever the outcome.
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Not everyone receives that text.
    dd88 said:
    @poppy123456
    i have no idea if i would get a txt next to say weather iv been awarded again

You will not receive a text even if you're awarded because as i advised, they don't send texts like this for reviews. It's only first time claims that receive those texts.
    I realise it's very stressful but please try to think about something else. Once a decision is made you will be contacted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bigpineapples
    bigpineapples Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    I would like to know when I have my assessment is it OK to answer NO or better to awnser more only reason I am asking is i find it incredibly hard to speak on the phone and especially to strangers and especially for something like this .if they ask me say .. can I stand up and I just answer NO is that OK because for myself I want to get off the phone ASAP and really don't like talking and feel like I am being questioned yes I am of course . Its all very hard for me. 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2023
    Options
    You shouldn't answer the questions with just a yes or no, you should give them as much detail as possible. If you answer with a simple yes or no they could come to their own conclusions.

A lot of people find it very difficult to speak on the phone. You can cancel this assessment and ask for a face to face, if you prefer that but you will need to travel to an assessment centre because home assessments no longer exist.
  • dd88
    Options
    UPDATE 
    I rang pip and they seid my review report is now with a DM and i should hear something in the next week or so and to expect either a Text or letter or both.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for updating us @dd88. How are you feeling about everything at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • bustedsgirl2024
    bustedsgirl2024 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new here and not quite sure how this all works. However, I'm currently waiting for my review, they received my form on 1st July 2022, I've since received 3 texts (Oct,December and March) to say they have the form and will be progressing it as soon as they can. I've called them a couple of times and had the same answers. Is there anything I can do to hurry this along or is it very much a waiting game. Fed up of feeling sick to my stomach with worry every time the post man comes  wondering if there will be a letter from DWP.
    Thanks again for any advice :smile:
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new here and not quite sure how this all works. However, I'm currently waiting for my review, they received my form on 1st July 2022, I've since received 3 texts (Oct,December and March) to say they have the form and will be progressing it as soon as they can. I've called them a couple of times and had the same answers. Is there anything I can do to hurry this along or is it very much a waiting game. Fed up of feeling sick to my stomach with worry every time the post man comes  wondering if there will be a letter from DWP.
    Thanks again for any advice :smile:

There are exceptionally long delays with review decisions. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait. Your current PIP award will continue until a decision is made on your review.
  • SaraC_Scope
    SaraC_Scope CP Network, Scope Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    Hi. I had to submit my PIP renewal form by Sept 2022.  I've received two text messages, saying my form will be dealt with, but 8 months later I've heard nothing.  As I don't have the paperwork it's affecting my disabled rail pass.  They won't renew it without the PIP indicators.  I've tried to call the PIP helpline but just get cut off.  So frustrating.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Hi. I had to submit my PIP renewal form by Sept 2022.  I've received two text messages, saying my form will be dealt with, but 8 months later I've heard nothing.  As I don't have the paperwork it's affecting my disabled rail pass.  They won't renew it without the PIP indicators.  I've tried to call the PIP helpline but just get cut off.  So frustrating.

You will just need to keep ringing PIP and eventually they will answer. There's been a lot of threads saying the same thing. Very often the best time to ring is as soon as they open at 9am.
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
    Again to go back to all this, I had a phone review middle of February and I'm still waiting for a decision, HCA has recommended 5 years standard on both (pending MR request) due to she has contradicted herself on a few things. I know it's hard waiting around but chasing it up or thinking about it will just drive you and you alone crazy 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Again to go back to all this, I had a phone review middle of February and I'm still waiting for a decision, HCA has recommended 5 years standard on both (pending MR request) due to she has contradicted herself on a few things. I know it's hard waiting around but chasing it up or thinking about it will just drive you and you alone crazy 
    Decisions can take anything up to 12 weeks once the assessment report was returned. You are well within that timescale still. 

I agree that to keep ringing isn’t going to help you. 
  • Welshlad90
    Options
    Hoping for some help. So I've had a text this morning to say my review is complete. Can I call up to ask what the decision is? Also is it usually not a good sign if they complete your review the same day that you get your latest payment?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hoping for some help. So I've had a text this morning to say my review is complete. Can I call up to ask what the decision is? Also is it usually not a good sign if they complete your review the same day that you get your latest payment?
    You can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is. When the decision was made is no indication of what the decision actually is. 
  • Welshlad90
    Options
    You can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is. When the decision was made is no indication of what the decision actually is. 
    Thanks poppy, I only ask as it says on the text not to ring before the letter.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Yes, it always gives that information on those texts but it doesn't mean you can't ring them. 
  • Welshlad90
    Options
    Thanks for all the help.

Pip has been renewed currently as standard for both until 2030 pending the outcome of my request for a MR 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. I would advise you to put that request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. It's always better to put it in writing rather than ring because you don't know if the person from the call centre typed what you asked them to. 

Is this the same award as you previously had or was it reduced?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.