If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Regret

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,670 Disability Gamechanger
I am actually starting to regret getting on the pip train . Yes I do have complex mental health issues but I do really regret it . I know I can ring and cancel everything but I don't know what to do for the best . Seen stuff about trick questions etc . I could even be wrong posting here too . No confidence whatsoever. 

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Options
    Hello Teddy bear 12 , I'm regetting applying for pip . That's my regret . I am sorry.  Thank you 😊 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi Teddy bear 12 ,  I'm so sorry.  No not really . I stay in alot . Anyway sorry again . I will try and check out the coffee place if I can figure out what to do . Thank you so much. 
  • nasturtium
    nasturtium Community member Posts: 376 Pioneering
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hello Strawberry1
    Do not regret what you have done because you did it for a reason! This is my philosophy when it comes to making a claim for Personal Independence Payments.
    1.) You started with nothing so you have nothing to lose only to gain. It can be stressful but again my opinion is if you make it stressfull then it will be but if you look on it as though you have nothing to lose then you will be ok. If you take it through the system and still get nothing you have the option to apply again (but seek help doing the application)
    2.) PIP is a system with 5 stages.
    Stage 1 is making the application. Always the hardest for people with mental health problems.
    Stage 2 is understanding the activities and the descriptors and then giving detailed verbal personal evidence on the PIP2 Form and then send it of.
    Stage 3 is having the assessment (if required depending on how detailed your PIP2 form was) then await the descision.
    Stage 4  If you get what you are entitled to then this is where your PIP process ends until it is time for review. If you do not get what you are entitled to then it is on to the next step which is Mandatory Reconsideration.
    Stage 5 If MR fails then it is time to apply for appeal where there is a chance that the DWP "Might" change there mind after a further review of your claim before tribunal if you did a detailed and comprehensive MR letter. If the DWP do not give you an offer then it is a wait for a tribunal date which can be anything from 4 - 8 months or longer depending on the backlog in your area. There is a over 70% success rate at tribunal if you attend in person (as in telephone or video hearing)
    So do not stress and take it through the System. If you did not give good detailed verbal written evidence on your PIP2 application form then you have a second bite of the cherry when you send in a Written Mandatory Reconsideration to give detailed written evidence.
    Don't give up because that is what the system makes you feel like doing. Stick at it and think positive thoughts.
    Hope this has been of some help.
    Kind Regards
    Nasturtium
    How to challenge a PIP award that has been reduced at Review https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hello @nasturtium , thank you so much. I'm so appreciative of your response.  I will try not to get too worried 🙂.  Thank you so much for your support and time . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I note from another thread of yours here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/102744/tribunal#latest that you’re waiting for a Tribunal hearing date. 
    You can get some expert advice from an agency near you and they will help and advise you with the process. 
    This link will help you find an advice agency local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @Teddybear12, thank you for telling me how to get on the coffee lounge . I will check it out . A very grateful participant . 
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 , thank you for your help 😊 it's really appreciated 😊.  I will check things out . Very grateful for your support and time .
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.