Hello everyone 🙂 I've been waiting for a PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone 🙂 I've been waiting for a PIP decision

Options
Blue_eyes
Blue_eyes Community member Posts: 91 Courageous
edited March 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am blue_eyes 🙂  I've been waiting for a PIP decision for a month now and I came across Scope website. I started reading the forum,various advice and it helps me a lot (mentaly) 'to survive' 😉 each day while waiting for a decision. I think I'll be a frequent visitor here,because people here are very helpful and understanding. Great online community 👏👏
I wish everyone a good day 🙂

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Blue_eyes my name is Jaide also known as @durhamjaide2001  and I have had some experiences with PIP not enough to give you accurate information though but I think on average it should take about 12 weeks on average but it can take years unfortunately you can't predict but they should be able to back date you but again please look it up as I'm not completely sure. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Blue_eyes it's great to have you join, I'm pleased to hear you've been finding the community so helpful and understanding.

As Jaide mentioned, you might have quite a wait still, as there are large backlogs at the DWP, so you're looking at anything up to 12 weeks, perhaps longer. It can be stressful, so take care to look after your own wellbeing and mental health. 

I hope it's not too long a wait, and if you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum, here's a few of the best places to get started:
    • Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too
    If we can help with anything in the meantime, please ask :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Blue_eyes from me come join in with the conversations, always someone to natter to.
  • Blue_eyes
    Options
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome 😀 🌷🌷
    That's what I've heard that I can wait a long time for a PIP decision. 
    Gotta be patient and wait 😉 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you managing with the patience and waiting at the moment @Blue_eyes? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Blue_eyes
    Options
    Thank you for asking 🙂
    I try to fill my time with various things and looking here helps me a lot.
    You can read a lot of interesting things here 🙂 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear you have things that help you a lot @Blue_eyes. Would you like to talk to us a little more about the things you enjoy filling your time with?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help, whether that's advice, listening, simply a chat or anything else  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.