Leaving the site — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leaving the site

Options
JBS2022
JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
Hi everyone. Due to severe domestic issues, I will no longer be using these forums. Also due to offensive private messages I have been sent regarding my husband (and others on this site), I no longer feel comfortable to be participating in the community.   The majority of people on here are amazing and I wish everyone the best for the future 😀
Life is better in a fishtank  🐟

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I'm going through a rough time too at the moment and saw your other post @JBS2022, I'm really sorry you're going through so much and you don't feel comfortable participating here any more. If someone is sending you nasty PMs please pleeaasse report them so they can be dealt with and can't do it to other people!
    I hope with a bit of time you'll reconsider and come back because I know when times are rubbish and hard, places like this online are so helpful to me. As you said most people on here are so amazing and supportive and I know your presence will be so missed <3 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this because your comments have always been extremely helpful. If you haven't already reported those PM's to the scope team then please do that because there's other members that have also been receiving them and it has to be stopped!
    I hope your situation at home improves too!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @JBS2022 that's a shame, I noticed you were quiet. I hope you've reported the pm. Maybe take a little time out and see how you feel
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,402 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JBS2022 I am so sorry you have been receiving offensive PM. I have only been on the forum a short time but will miss you.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JBS2022 I'm so sorry to hear what's been happening lately, we'll be emailing you later to check in. 

If you do feel unsafe, please call 999 right away or contact any mental health crisis lines or teams you may be in contact with. Please reach out to Victim Support or Refuge's National Helpline if you need to as well.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@JBS2022
    Im so sorry this is happening to you to, we have lost a lot off members through this.please don’t leave.
    Im maybe wrong but I think if I get any nasty PMs I would take a screenshot and post it on a thread. It can’t be allowed to go on.

❤️

• Purplenails
    Purplenails Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    @JBS2022
    Sorry to hear about the issues which you have experienced. I only joined this site a few weeks ago and you kindly welcomed me within minutes of joining for which I am very grateful. I hope that you may reconsider your decision as you will be sorely missed.
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    @JBS2022 Stay on the forum. Otherwise you are giving in to the d**k heads. There are people on the forum who unfortunately are mentally ill, so you need to understand and tolerate it. No doubt I will get an offensive PM, but I will ignore and delete it. The important thing to remember is that the vast majority of people on the forum are ok, so your posts are welcomed.
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I agree with @Lou67 screenshot them. Name and shame. Don't let people like that stop you from enjoying scope.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As a reminder to everyone, please refer to the this thread regarding any personal messages you may wish to report, or that you feel have broken house rules: 

Adrian_Scope:
    We take these actions very seriously, as it is important to maintain a safe and reliable community for all members and I want it to be clear that should we be notified that this is continuing to occur, we will not hesitate to restrict or remove access to the online community and if needs be, we will restrict access to private messaging on a wider scale.

If you have any questions or concerns about our online community house rules or guidelines, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or one of our moderators.

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 740 Pioneering
    Options
    This is a shame.  I've always found your posts insightful and helpful. 
    Good luck to you

Seems a bit of a theme with PM's.  On a lot of sites I post on, PM's are disabled to new users until they have a certain amount of public posts ... could weed out the trolls if the forum software allowed it ?

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi JBS

This is sad news, a valuable asset to the site.
    Hopefully, you'll rethink and be back soon. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.