If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning everyone my name is beadles93!

Options
beadles93
beadles93 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Had rough few weeks with disabilities as non related things. Needed a place to come to vent/ rant where people would understand. Before my head explodes everywhere just feel so stressed at the moment 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @beadles93 welcome to scopes forum,  what is causing you to be stressed lately?
    Here is a good place to get support and understanding. So rant away.
  • beadles93
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123 a lot different things at the moment just going through a new care assessment, so that is stressful I new my own team of Pa's  for 24hr care which isn't easy. Both me and my partner have cerebral palsy spastic quadriplegia full-time wheelchair user both 24hr care. Got engaged wanting to live together and get married which is a headache in itself.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a lot going on there @beadles93, it is hard changing from carers that you are used to and having to get used to new ones. It's never plain sailing, but you may find the new ones better.
    Try focusing on one thing at a time otherwise it's easy to feel overwhelmed. 
    Congratulations to you and your partner on getting married in the future, as you say that's never easy to sort out, is there anyone to help you with this like family or friends? 
    Plus take time out from it all even if it is a few hours.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,991 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @beadles93 Welcome to the Community. I am sorry you are having a difficult time at the moment. If you have any questions please ask. Have a look around and join in with us it might  help to take your mind off things .
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too @beadles93 thanks for reaching out, sometimes we just do need to vent!

We have many members here with CP, myself included, so if you fancy chatting about anything CP related, head over to the Cerebral Palsy category. The community is here to support you, so please feel free to stay and chat. 

Sorry to hear that a lot of different things are stressing you out at the moment, it does sound like you've got a lot going on. Have you spoken to anyone at home about how you're feeling, or your GP? 

It might be worth checking in with someone involved in your care about your mental health and wellbeing. The charity Mind has some guidance on managing stress which you might find useful.

If we can help with anything in the meantime, just let us know :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • beadles93
    Options
    @Alex_Scope my family and friends partner know how I feel, they living it with me. Can't really speak to GP as there is always a carer with me.

• beadles93
    Options
    @Beaver79 thank so much for the warm welcome I think it what will happen when my partner go for joint care assessment and housing 
  • beadles93
    Options
    @Sandy_123 thank you so much I have a lot support from both sides of our family it just knowing the process of care assessment for us both. Having to change carers way of life etc 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is so positive to hear you have a lot of support from both sides of your family @beadles93. Is there anything, in particular, about the care assessment you would like to know more about?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • beadles93
    Options
    @L_Volunteer I've had care assessment before so has my partner. I'm just not sure how they going to put our care package together. With my ex they shave my hrs downs because they saw him as capable. I guess we are just scared we are just going to get stuck together. We still want to live our separate lives 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.