PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
Breacon
Breacon Community member Posts: 101 Courageous
Hi All Again.

I actually posted this question somewhere else, but unsure where.
When you receive your decision letter from Pip with the scores on it etc.
Is this the only assessment information pip hold.

If I decide to go to Tribunal, do they have a PA4 pip report that I need to request from them & go through.

Also do family need to incorporate the safe, repeatedly, timely stuff etc, in there letter for additional evidence. Or simply explain what care & support they provide for me.

Any other advice of what to send, would be appreciated. Except medical info, which I already have.

Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,378 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Breacon said:

I actually posted this question somewhere else, but unsure where.
    When you receive your decision letter from Pip with the scores on it etc.
    Is this the only assessment information pip hold.

No, there will be the PA4 assessment report which would have been written when you had your assessment. This advice was given to you here on this thread https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/679219#Comment_679219
    Breacon said:

If I decide to go to Tribunal, do they have a PA4 pip report that I need to request from them & go through.

DWP will send everything to the Tribunal that you've already sent to support your claim. You will then receive what's known as the "bundle" and in this there will be your PIP2 form, the PA4 assessment report and any other evidence you sent to support your claim as well DWP's response.

Breacon said:

Also do family need to incorporate the safe, repeatedly, timely stuff etc, in there letter for additional evidence. Or simply explain what care & support they provide for me.

In my opinion they don't need to but if they want to then they can. The most important thing for them is to make sure they include details about how your health conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors that apply.

Breacon said:

Any other advice of what to send, would be appreciated. Except medical info, which I already have.

Other than letters from people that know you well. The best person to tell them exactly how you're affected is yourself because you're the only one that knows this. Giving a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you.

Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Breacon
    Options
    That's fantastic information, thank you, that helps a lot.

CAB filled in the pip form last time with my input, think it was the blind leading the blind, no evidence was included at all, at that time, as I diddnt know, I needed too, CAB certainly diddnt advise me to add anything, so it was merely the pip form that was sent.
    I was diagnosed with PTSD many years ago, I have managed this condition ever since, with out medication.
    The only way I have manage this, is to try & avoid to much stress, The main difficulty I have had over the years, is driving to places I don't know, this triggers a great deal of fear & stress, due to my job, this was a regular occurrence, & I eventually, gave that job up, after trying trains etc, that diddnt work either, that actually coursed me more stress & fear.
    In the end, I managed to drive just local, which worked much better for me, until I wasn't able to anymore, due to my condition.

I have no recent evidence or situations that I could relay to a tribunal now, is it worth mentioning this, It never occurred to me, as its in the past, & I could rejig my work, to avoid the unfamiliar journeys etc.

Now unfortunately, physically I couldn't do it, but I never could plan a journey to any where I diddnt know, that's been the case for a number of years, since the diagnosis. To be honest I diddnt put the two together, as I've never been a confident driver, & I put it down to that.

But having read about PTSD, I feel it may have contributed to my overwhelming fear/ stress of travelling to places I don't know.
    I'm very much the sort of person, that just gets on with things, & there's always a solution to a problem, mine was to change jobs, so I was local.

I did touch on this subject when I rang for a MR, & explained my concentration is very poor, but was told that, planning & following an unfamiliar journey, was for people with learning disabilities.

So I disregarded that side of things.
    It isn't really relevant to me know, as I don't really drive now. I couldn't sit long enough to go very far now any way.

I do now have my Rhumatolgy medical records as evidence, to send, & I will ask my GP for a letter.

Is it worth mentioning, or should I just concentrate on the points that I don't agree with.
    Apologies for rambling on & for the very long post.

Any advice welcome & appreciated.

• Breacon
    Options
    Tribunal Info.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like any relevant examples would be important to share @Breacon, especially as they have affected your current experiences too. Even if they do not currently affect you directly, they are ways it is applicable to you.

Any evidence and points of appeal will be useful. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can do to support you. We are all here for you, listening to you and happy to help if we can :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Breacon
    Options
    Thank you for your swift reply, I will mention it, although I doubt it will make any difference, & I'm really not the best with the pip form, & I have struggled with all the criteria & activities & always will.
    But thank you for your support, its very much appreciated.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.