Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

LCWRA Reassment?

Options

Comments

• robjgr1
    robjgr1 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    How do you find review date? My pdf lcwra letter  had no start end date just says you are awarded ?
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    Options
    Really strange that the message on your journal says 

“ if we do not hear from you we will assess your condition without any additional information from your Dr “

Is this a short cut to reassessments?

• robjgr1
    robjgr1 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Parties did you get an estimate date when will be reviewed the last time you got awarded lcwra?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,312 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    robjgr1 said:
    How do you find review date? My pdf lcwra letter  had no start end date just says you are awarded ?

WCA decision letters do not have end dates because it's an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. You can ask what your expected review date it but it's just a guide and nothing more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:
    I've also had had this message today on my journal, about contacting my GP- they didn't try to call as they've stated. 

My last WCA was October 2018 with a review date of October 2020, I know for sure that was deferred to October 2022, after that I didn't bother contacting them for the date on the system (and yes I know it's only ever a guide).

I also get NS ESA and I can't recall if UC asked for my GP information when I applied. 

I will phone them tomorrow with the information requested.

But I'm generally assuming this a pre cursor to the formal reassessment process starting. 

It's definitely not the formal reassessment process. Usually for a review they will need to refer you first and when they do this they should put a letter on your journal telling you that you're being referred. You will then receive the WCA form in the post shortly after that.

As you're claiming NsESA as well then your review will be done through UC and not ESA.

They very rarely contact a GP for anything. I'm wondering if it's another one of those "rules" they seem to have made up themselves.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paries1
    Options
    Would be really strange for them to stop disability element just by talking to your GP but from the wording of the message on the journal it seems that’s what they are saying. 

It’s probably another way of cutting corners and saves them sending out the UC50 and then having to send you for a reassessment. 

Speaking  to your GP and then deciding if you’re still eligible is really terrible. 

I thought eligibility couldn’t be stopped until you were assessed? 
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 337 Pioneering
    Options
    Well whatever is going on, I will keep updating with any new developments. 
  • paries1
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:
    Well whatever is going on, I will keep updating with any new developments. 
    Thanks Kimmy87
  • curioushounds
    curioushounds Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Would be really strange for them to stop disability element just by talking to your GP but from the wording of the message on the journal it seems that’s what they are saying. 

It’s probably another way of cutting corners and saves them sending out the UC50 and then having to send you for a reassessment. 

Speaking  to your GP and then deciding if you’re still eligible is really terrible. 

It's not a shortcut or anything, i've been sent UC50 forms to fill in again and referred for another assessment. It's a whole new WCA assessment. For some reason DWP ask for permission to speak to your doctor more than once. But yes I am being reviewed, I went through this whole process less than 12 months ago, i feel really hard done by considering people on here have been without assessment for several years now
  • paries1
    Options

From the wording it’s almost like  they’re saying they’ll be basing their assessment on what they get from the GP. 
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:

It's not a shortcut or anything, i've been sent UC50 forms to fill in again and referred for another assessment. It's a whole new WCA assessment. For some reason DWP ask for permission to speak to your doctor more than once. But yes I am being reviewed, I went through this whole process less than 12 months ago, i feel really hard done by considering people on here have been without assessment for several years now
    Really stressful that you have to go through the whole process again . Good luck and I hope it goes ok . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    paries1 said:

From the wording it’s almost like  they’re saying they’ll be basing their assessment on what they get from the GP. 

I don't read it as saying that at all. I read it as saying they will assess your condition, even without information from your GP. A GP often gives very little information anyway and all they are sent is a form known as UC113 (ESA113 for ESA claimants) same form.

As i advised, they need to refer you first and then the form will be sent out to you. You will know when a referral is made because the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.

For those claiming ESA we don't get that letter, all we get is a lovely suprised white envelope with the ESA50 form inside... lovely... NOT.
  • paries1
    Options
    A really odd way for them to do things, I’m sure in the past the contacted my GP AFTER they received the UC50. Seems this time it’s the other way around. GPs won’t be happy if they do this with all reassessments now. 
  • Kimmy87
    Options
    I phoned, got straight through which was a bonus. The lady was very nice but couldn't help beyond noting I had called, because there was nothing on my To Do list. She advised leaving a journal note with the information requested, which I have done.
  • paries1
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:
    I phoned, got straight through which was a bonus. The lady was very nice but couldn't help beyond noting I had called, because there was nothing on my To Do list. She advised leaving a journal note with the information requested, which I have done.
    That’s odd that she couldn’t see any reference to it. 
  • Kimmy87
    Options
    She could see my journal notes and the request that had been made, but without anything in my To Do list she couldn't help fully. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:

If there was anything on your to do list then you would see it yourself. The issue with the helpline is that they can't do much more than you and that's leave a message on your journal.
  • Kimmy87
    Options
    I realise I would have seen anything in my To Do list as well. 
    I only called because the message asked me to, I've never called them before always done journal messages. 
  • Votadini
    Votadini Community member Posts: 39 Pioneering
    Options
    An interesting comment here...

If true it would appear that the DWP are randomly selecting claimants for reassessments over the next couple of months, presumably as a test with the idea of starting full scale later in the year.

• madmaddden
    madmaddden Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    And yet the far right Spectator (complaining about the sickness benefits bill) says there are 5,000 new claims for sickness benefits PER DAY. I don't see how reassessments can re-start in any meaningful way, maybe they can squeeze in about 1% of them.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.