If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Elfrance2!

Options
Elfrance2
Elfrance2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I need desperate help as I am in such a state. 

I won my tribunal for PIP in October last year. I was backdated from my original claim date which was January and was awarded for a year. 

My claim is due to run on in January and I’m panicking about what I’m supposed to do. 

My conditions have become much worse and have led to some changes in my life but I’m scared to update them incase they decide that I’m not entitled anymore. 

With my claim ending in January, what do I do to try and have my claim continued? And when do I do that. I’m so scared 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you were awarded by a Tribunal then usually they will contact you about 14 weeks before the award ends to ask you to apply again. 

If you report changes to your health condition you will be sent more forms to fill in again. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them. 

A worsening of condition doesn’t automatically entitle you to more points for a higher award. 

Once a decision is made your award could either remain the same, be reduced, increased or stop completely. The same applies when you reapply about 14 weeks before. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Elfrance2 and thanks for reaching out, I hope we can help to reassure you. I can see Poppy has replied, so is there anything else you're still feeling unsure about? 

We're here to support you, so please do have a look around and spend some time chatting in the coffee lounge if it helps :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.