If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Edward

Options
EB2023
EB2023 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2023 in Start here and say hello!
Hello, everyone
This community was suggested and recommended by a member of a Facebook Group I belong to.
I'm looking forward to being involved and learning about support here.

I'm an independent benefits advisor and support people with benefit issues.

Comments

• Glaitness
    Glaitness Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Hi Edward,
    nice to meet you .are you here as both a community member and as an adviser so we can ask advice from or for yourself?
  • EB2023
    Options
    Yes, that's right. I'm hoping to make friends, learn from and to contribute to this community.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,738 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @EB2023 Welcome to the Community. If you have any questions please ask. I look forward to seeing your posts. Take care.
  • EB2023
    Options
    Thanks, looking forward to getting involved.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @EB2023 thanks for joining today :)

Out of interest, which kinds of benefit queries do you get most often?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options

Hello Edward

As an independent benefits advisor, your expertise and knowledge will undoubtedly be valuable to our community. "Undoubtedly, your participation will enhance all members' conversations and offer significant assistance to individuals encountering benefit-related challenges, including myself, as I grapple with comprehending the intricate benefits system."

• EB2023
    Options
    I mainly support people claiming Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment and ESA.

I also advise about other benefits and direct people to accurate sources of support and information.

I have a Knowledge Base which I maintain in order to manage the information.

If you have any further questions please ask.
  • MW123
    Options

Hello Edward 

I am currently receiving the daily standard Personal Independence Payment payment, and my previous award concluded in February 2023. In March 2022, I received a review form which I promptly completed and returned within two days. I also received a text message acknowledging the receipt of the form. 

Given that my current award had ended, I expected to receive a letter confirming the extension of my award. Consequently, I contacted their offices to inquire about the status of my case. During the phone conversation, I was informed verbally that my form had not yet been reviewed, and my award had been extended until November 2023. Additionally, I was informed that written confirmations of extensions are no longer sent. Based on your experience, could you provide an estimate of the typical duration for these reviews?  Thank you MW

• EB2023
    Options
    You asked...

Based on your experience, could you provide an estimate of the typical duration for these reviews?

My response...

It's difficult to answer your question because there's a massive backlog due to a number of issues affecting processing of claims. Award periods are being extended in order to help reduce the backlog to manageable levels. I can't give you an example of a typical duration because there's no official time or deadlines for dealing with the backlog. As you've already submitted your AR1 form, the DWP will inform you in due course, as they've suggested around November 2023, although there is a possibility of a further extension.

I hope this has answered your question.
    Kind regards
    Edward
  • MW123
    Options

Thank you, Edward, another member of Scope who also possesses extensive knowledge of the benefits system, has already provided me with similar advice a few months ago. While I never doubted their reply, it is always beneficial to seek additional perspectives in case there is a chance of encountering a different scenario. I will just have to remain patient and continue to wait.

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @EB2023
    welcome to the forum. 
    Your knowledge around benefits I’m sure will be appreciated here.

I do hope you also feel you can reach out here too.
    good to have you around
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.