Given the chance, which pet would you own? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Given the chance, which pet would you own?

Options
13»

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Ooo @c_J also said parrot! I always think of the movie UP! when I think of a Rottweiler!  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Emille
    Emille Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Should we post pics of our pets or will that open the floodgates? Here's my Nellie Dog-Dog  in his brand new super buggy bed I got this for him because I can't take him walkies using my seat walker but I can use this buggy to help me walk, he walks beside me off lead can go in it when he gets tired on the way home

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Oh Nellie Dog Dog is adorable! 🥰

This is my Gwen:

And the bush she likes to sit in 😂
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A bit of a difference between a parrot and a Rottweiler @Strawberry1 :p Can I ask what makes you choose these two?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How funny that Gwen has a particular favourite bush to sit in @Hannah_Scope but how beautiful  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Emille
    Emille Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Options
    Awwww, Gwen is the sweetest - she looks like she's a bit of a character  <3
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @L_Volunteer She is a weird dog! Liked sitting in that bush from being a pup. 

@Emille She is full of character! Can be sweet if I have treats, haha 
    😂
    Hannah - She / Her

• Ashton05
    Ashton05 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    I’d love a cat but mine got poisoned last year so not fair bringing another one around here 
  • gtks
    gtks Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    I do not have pets. I like watching friends pets. I do not want to own a pet. 
  • Shellyjay
    Shellyjay Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    We have four rescue cats well three are one was mine from being born. I just had to help my friend and take his brother after someone changed their mind and didn't want him. Last year I decided to get a dog was ripped off long story had him two days had to have him put to sleep. In total 780 pound later we had no puppy but he knew he was loved poor baby worst Christmas ever.
  • Amalegra
    Amalegra Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Options
    It is so interesting reading about all the pets and longed for pets here! I am not allowed pets in my private rented flat but if I was and thought I could cope (debatable now), I would have a medium sized dog. I would probably have a Staffordshire bull terrier as I think they are a lovely, kind breed. My dog of dreams would be an English bull terrier (love all dogs but especially the bully breeds!). I had one years ago, and he was gorgeous but another would be too much for me to handle now as they are very strong dogs. I am lucky in that both my daughters whom I see regularly (if not daily as they do so much for me) have dogs, including a dear old staffy who is my especial darling! So I still get my canine ‘fix’! 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Ashton05 :(

@gtks They are a lot of work, it's great when you can give them back!

@Shellyjay I'm so sorry :( So young too. 

@Amalegra Glad you get your canine fix! :D My cousin had a Staffordshire bull terrier and I love them too, such a sweet breed but strong like you say! He walked me 😂 
    Hannah - She / Her

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.