Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Been rejected by council regards disability tax relief
counil disagree do they are right ?
Council Tax – Disabled Persons Relief
I refer to your recent application form for disabled person’s relief.
The criteria that is used for the qualification of this discount is that you must have either -:
a) a room which is not a bathroom, kitchen or a lavatory and which is predominantly used (whether for providing therapy or otherwise) by and is required for meeting the needs of a disabled person resident in the property,
b) a bathroom or kitchen which is not the only bathroom or kitchen within the property and which is required for meeting the needs of a disabled person resident in the property; or
c) Sufficient floor space to permit the use of a wheel chair required for meeting the needs of a disabled person resident in the property.
I understand from your communication with the Property Taxation Inspector that you have none of the above facilities provided. The additional room indicated was a bedroom; unfortunately this is not an additional room as everyone requires a bedroom whether disabled or not. I am therefore unable to grant the disabled person’s relief.
You have the right to appeal against this decision. In the first instance you must write to the Revenues & Benefits Manager, within the next 14 days, giving good reason as to why you believe the relief should be granted and supplying any other relevant information that you wish to be considered in this matter.
Should you require any further help in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact this office.
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 30 Games room
- 422 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 209 Community updates
- 9.1K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 784 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 608 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 756 Transport and travel
- 30.3K Talk about money
- 4.2K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 854 Chronic pain and pain management
- 156 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 815 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions