Hi, my name is Jan16! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jan16!

Options
Jan16
Jan16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I too have been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder at the age of 61..what a lonely journey..does anyone else out there struggle..as I do..would be great to just have someone to talk to..and listen to x

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Jan16 I just nudged in to welcome you to this fabulous site. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Jan16, welcome to the community. Sorry to read you're finding your condition lonely. Our members are all very friendly and I'm sure you'll find some support here :)

Our Coffee Lounge is a great place to start if you're looking to get to know people and play some games. 

Do you have any supportive friends and family to talk things through with?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jan16
    Jan16 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I do have a very supportive family in a lot of ways, it's just that they haven't been made aware of the horrendous abuse I suffered as a child (I don't believe telling ur children)..so although they know I have DID, they don't want to see or understand when one of my alters fronts..but thank u for ur lovely greeting and message..it is greatly appreciated 😊 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's understandable @Jan16, it will always be up to you how much information you want to disclose to the people around you. But it's lovely to read that your family are usually supportive :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.