Hi, my name is lisaj81! My story — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lisaj81! My story

Options
lisaj81
lisaj81 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I first applied for pip (how tour disability affects you) 25th September 2023, 
I had a text 2weeks later to say a hewlth professional is looking at it, amd may need to ass me. I then had another text around a week or so later, saying I was to be assessed by telephone , on the 16th November 2023. My assessor was very kind, gentle and only spoke to me for half an hour. I was very upset at the time. 
I had a text the following Tuesday morning to say they have received the report. 
I then rang up and asked for report that same day. (Waited on phone for around 40mins) I received report on the Saturday, 
The assessor had written everything word for word. Amd then scored me according to her findings. I was pleased with her opinion. 
Yesterday I had a text to say, "we've not yet made a decision" this morning just after 8am, I received THE text. I have been awarded PIP amd to wait for the letter.
Today's date is December 7th 2023.

This forum really has helped me with the anxiety , and over thinking, and the ups and downs of feeling confident and not confident, in the process. 
Thank you all. I hope my little story will do the same for others. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.