Hi, my name is onmyown! start date assessment period is the same day I got accepted — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is onmyown! start date assessment period is the same day I got accepted

Options
onmyown
onmyown Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 3 in Universal Credit (UC)
Can someone please help me, I sent my sick notes in August was accepted LCWRA on 22/12/23 now there saying my start date assessment period is the same day I got accepted which makes no sense I sent my sick notes in August how can it start on the same day I got accepted 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You said " you sent your sick notes in August." Were there any gaps in those fit notes at all? You are supposed to continue to send them without any gaps until a decision is made on your claim.

If there were no gaps then the waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, provided by a fit note within 7 days of that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • onmyown
    onmyown Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I worked for 6 days between that and the rest was all sick notes so I still had a sick note for the month but work 6 days and couldn’t work any longer it was a new job lasted for 6 days I got sick note straight after 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from. What dates exactly were that gap? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @onmyown and welcome to the community.

I can see you're already getting some help from our lovely regulars, but I just wanted to drop in and say hi.

I'm going to move your post to the Universal credit category so more people can see it, I hope that's ok? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • belle_sebast
    belle_sebast Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hello, I really need help working out my payment date for LCWRA . My first fitnote was accepted on the 31st of August. I received the letter on the 25th of nov telling me of the award. My assessment period runs from the 1st to the 30th or 31st depending what month it is and I get paid of the 7th of each money. I was hoping it would be paid in with Januarys UC but its not in my payment statement. Will it be Feb? I'm really anxious about this and any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hello, I really need help working out my payment date for LCWRA . My first fitnote was accepted on the 31st of August. I received the letter on the 25th of nov telling me of the award. My assessment period runs from the 1st to the 30th or 31st depending what month it is and I get paid of the 7th of each money. I was hoping it would be paid in with Januarys UC but it’s not in my payment statement. Will it be Feb? I'm really anxious about this and any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    Question answered on your thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/113427/lcwra-payment-date-confusion-help-really-appreciated#latest
  • belle_sebast
    belle_sebast Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hey there @onmyown and welcome to the community.

I can see you're already getting some help from our lovely regulars, but I just wanted to drop in and say hi.

I'm going to move your post to the Universal credit category so more people can see it, I hope that's ok? 
    Hi and thank you although I'm now really concerned! hopefully I'll get some clarity from them soon. And yes my username is a reference to the amazing band, we come from the same part of the world!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.