Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is jac1poppy2! Been getting sick notes deemed unfit to work

Options
2»

Comments

• jac1poppy2
    jac1poppy2 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    Options
    Not got internet that's why had to go down for the appointment face to face on 11 th December the woman manually put in the care allowance 
  • jac1poppy2
    Options
    Some one not doing job right and it's giving us both sleepless night think I'll be having few words on phone Monday they even told me if not done in next 3 weeks all our payments be stopped 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,448 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 6
    Options
    Is this a recent UC claim? Just curious, if you don't have internet access how are you posting here now?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jac1poppy2
    Options
    On my phone data 
  • jac1poppy2
    Options
    We made a claim in August they never submitted to we had to reclaim in October 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can only tell you the rules are they are in law and as a carer you should not be made to look for work or attend any further appointments after your first appointment.

As you have phone data are you able to access your journal from that? It's much easier to have access to a journal when claiming UC rather than having to keep ringing the helpline because most of the time they are far from helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jac1poppy2
    Options
    Spoke to UC turns out if your a carer with the allowance and on sick notes from GP you are required now to actively seek work new rules been implemented so guys and girls be warned you may get a letter  through post about capability to work as carer on allowance not acceptable now it means you are capable to work and you will he required to attend appointments etc was on phone to them today see why had form 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Spoke to UC turns out if your a carer with the allowance and on sick notes from GP you are required now to actively seek work new rules been implemented so guys and girls be warned you may get a letter  through post about capability to work as carer on allowance not acceptable now it means you are capable to work and you will he required to attend appointments etc was on phone to them today see why had form 
    Again, that is not correct at all. There’s no new rules. 

As I keep advising, as a carer claiming either carers allowance or carers element you should have no work requirements. Please see the link I posted above. 

Please remember that when ringing the helpline you are speaking to someone from a call centre who mostly have very limited knowledge of UC or any other benefits. 
  • jac1poppy2
    Options
    I know that you know that 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.