How is your day going?

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing
    Ada said:
    Hi @Lou67 I’m good thank you really worried about @Beaver79
    How you feeling tonight xx
    Yes I’ve been thinking about her to hopefully just taking a wee day off.
    Im feeling better after my bath thanks. 
    How’s your chest.

❤️
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,439 Championing
    Has it stopped raining in your neck of the woods @Ada?

It didn't come to much here,just drizzle really.

Dunno about stunning @Lou67,I'd settle for tidy at the moment. :)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,263 Championing
    I don't know why but my ignition button on the cooker won't work anyone know anything about them
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Aww I’m definitely getting there now, enjoy Ada 😊

@Teigr
    Oh I can imagine when your doing stuff you feel it’s never going to end.

❤️
  • Teigr
    Does it have a battery @Sandy_123?
  • Sandy_123
    It's gas but it's electric if that mks sence thing the electric is for the ignition
  • Teigr
    At least I can close the door on it @Lou67,it's not like the kitchen's upside down.
  • Lou67

@Teigr
    Oh yes true 😊
  • Teigr
    We spend most of our time in the living room @Lou67 but the sitting room is much cosier.

Is it a chest infection you've got @Ada?
  • Teigr
    If I waited for a dry day to walk Scout she'd be lucky to have had half a dozen walks since Christmas @Ada.
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Glad your getting better ❤️
  • Teigr
    What a day you've had @Beaver79,I hope you get some joy at tomorrow's appointment.
  • Sandy_123
    Goodness @Beaver79 would of been good if Dr rang with results and a script, hopefully you get it tomorrow and it helps. Sorry about your friends hubby 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,452 Championing
    Hi @Sandy_123 - I've had this problem a couple of times before with the ignition button not working. Try switching it off (there will be a switch connected to the hob to do so). Leave well alone for at least 10 -15 mins, then switch it back on, & try again to see if it ignites.
    This is the same thing that happens when computers play up....my son always asks did you turn it off for at least 10 mins, then try again? :)
    @Lou67 - I would be jealous but know how much it must have helped you. I'll get a bath next month (well likely several)! :)

• Lou67
    edited March 15

@Beaver79
    Im so sorry you’ve had all this messing about from a doctors receptionist it’s shocking. 
    I’m also so very sorry about your friends husband, I’m here if you ever need to talk.
    Look after yourself  ❤️

@chiarieds
    Aww thanks yes a bath really is a massive help but I wish you had one to, not long till your holiday when you can have one every night.  ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Night @Beaver79 and @ada
    @chiarieds I don't think mine has a switch as its powered by electric it's a gas cooker. Was working OK when I cooked tea I'm wondering if some water might of got underneath the ring
  • Lou67

@Sandy_123
    Oh no I hope it you can get it working again Sandy.

Goodnight my friends ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Night @Lou67
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,452 Championing
    I don't know if it's the same @Sandy_123 - but I have a gas hob, & electric oven, & the igniter for the hob is powered by electricity. If yours is the same, which it sounds like, then there will be a switch to turn this off. Might not be the same however, but worth a try. Sometimes my gas rings don't work (a bit of a safety mechanism) if they're not sitting correctly.
  • Sandy_123
    All mine is gas it's just the ignition that the electric is used for. My gas rings are the same if I don't put them on properly after cleaning, sometimes a night mare to get them right. I'll get them off tomorrow incase water has gone in them as I was boiling veg b4 it happened. I'm sure it didn't boil over tho