How is your day going?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,425 Championing
    No I meant your power cut @Albus_Scope although maybe later I'm not sure. It's all in now @teigr forcast changed to 3 for rain. 
    Same @ada I'm shattered now. Just waiting for family to go
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 569 Championing
    I am doing a cosmetic tidy up as my partners son and wife are calling which is great. Can't hide the parcels though!

Stay warm and safe this afternoon my new Scope friends
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

Afternoon everyone I hope yous are all enjoying your day.
    Im having a lazy afternoon now, I went on the treadmill for a little while. 

@66Mustang
    Im not sure about the ins and outs of the sizing off things I’m hopeless 😂 I just know a lot of things I used to get are now a lot smaller. 

@Marydoll5
    Hi and nice to see you’ve hound sorry if I missed you before. 
    I hope you have a nice afternoon with your visitor’s.

❤️
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Hi I hope you’re doing well this afternoon, I had a look on Amazon for candles for you and there’s lots of cheap ones here a photo of one I saw, but there’s loads. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    @Ada

Do you want candles for the light or the heat?

If it's just the light, would you consider pretend electric LED candles with a battery? You can get some really realistic ones and they are brighter, safer, cheaper to run, and, have not checked this but perhaps better for the planet. The only thing they don't do is produce heat.

My Dad used to laugh at them but he got a job as a fire alarm tester and learnt about fire safety and he is now a convert, he doesn't like real candles anymore due to the fire risk.
  • Lou67

@66Mustang
    I use one off them in my lantern on my window it looks great at night the battery’s don’t last that long that’s the only negative I found but I still really like them. 😊
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,450 Championing
    Is it my imagination or do we have a storm of some description every other week?
  • Lou67

@Teigr
    Definitely not your imagination we have been getting them for ages now. 
    And who thinks up the names lol 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,318 Online Community Coordinator
    I can actually answer that question @Lou67 :)

The UK Met Office and Irish service Met Éireann launched their first "Name our Storms" campaign in 2015.

Most years, they draw the names from a shortlist of favourites submitted by the public. And since 2019, they have been joined by the national weather service of the Netherlands, which also chips in a few suggested names each year.

For the 2023-24 season, the Met Office has slightly changed its methods and has named a number of storms after prominent scientists, meteorologists and, in its words, others "who work to keep people safe in times of severe weather".

In the past, storms have alternated between male and female names but that has altered this year in order to honour the right people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67135325
  • Lou67

@Albus_Scope
    Thank you for that because I genuinely wondered were the names came from ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    I'm hoping power don't go off here, the squirrel must be sea sick in the big tree at the bottom 9f the garden swaying like mad  
  • Sandy_123
    Yes full force here at 6pm lots of disruptions to flights, trains ferries etc  stay safe everyone 
  • Albus_Scope
    Hope everyone manages to stay safe and their garden gnomes are glued down!

My mothers partner is supposed to be on a plane this evening, but I doubt that's going to be happening now.

I'm praying the fence stays in one piece. 
  • Sandy_123
    I've secured my gate that won't be banging tonight. I bet ghd flight is cancelled @Albus_Scope or diverted
  • Albus_Scope
    Fingers crossed your green house will be spared @ada.

I've got tomorrow off, so you can have all the hot cross buns until Tuesday. ;) 
  • Sandy_123
    Enjoy your day off @Albus_Scope
  • Albus_Scope
    Haha, thanks @Beaver79, you've all been keeping me on my toes today. Make sure you keep the others in the team busy tomorrow. ;)

And thank you @Sandy_123, by the sounds of things I'll be spending the day putting the garden back together.  :D 
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 569 Championing
    Evening everyone 

Had nice afternoon with son and daughter in law. Great to have their company. 

We don't see them much so it was lovely. I was a bag of nerves but kept it under control (I think).

Wind is whipping up here now and is strong. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,949 Championing
    Hey Everyone, wind is picking up here, i hope you all have a good night, take care all!
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,450 Championing
    I think the next storm should be called Lulubelle.