How is your day going?

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 845 Championing
    oh wow didn't mean for this to spam only just noticed, I sent that reply hours ago and it got stuck in the forum moderation pending approval.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Sandy_123
    Yeah was a good wee day thanks, I hope your good. 

@Ada
    Hiya my friend I hope your doing well today. I’m not away till the 26th off April but was just getting my last things I needed.

@rubin16
    I remember one Christmas Eve I fell asleep and was woke up by the sound off a typewriter (yes I’m that old 😂)
    typing away and could hear my mum and dad talking so I knew for definite after that there was no Santa 🥲
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,645 Online Community Programme Lead
    That's my fault @rubin16, as I approved them it should have removed the duplicates. I'm not sure why you were caught in the spam queue but hopefully it won't happen again. :) 
  • Lou67

@Beaver79
    Yes you must’ve needed it I hope you get a good sleep tonight too.

❤️
  • rubin16
    Morning everyone, don't really have any plans today but could do with going to the shops this morning and then will prob just pot around doing laundry and some tidying up this afternoon. I need to sort through some clothing to give to the charity shops too that I no longer wear. Having a good spring clean this month.

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,438 Championing
    Morning all.

No idea what we'll be doing today @Ada,we'll consider our options after breakfast,
  • Adrian_Scope
    Good morning everyone, I'm afraid you've got me here all bank holiday weekend! 

It's another bright but cold one here. My 5-year-old has been up since 5am and I'm out of coffee. Send help!

Book swap is a great idea @Beaver79, you'll have to let us know what you end up with. 
  • Lou67

Morning all I hope yous have a good day. 
    It’s dry here just now I don’t have any plans so far, just doing a bit off housework exciting stuff lol 

@Ada
    I hope you had a better sleep last night and feeling well today.

@Adrian_Scope
    Oh no can you not nip out and get some coffee you’ll need it after been awake from 5 🤯😂

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,229 Championing
    Afternoon all @Adrian_Scope uber eats groceries  or runnn to the shop. 
    It's lovely here got the washer on .
    I got a DNA match last night to my dad's side who I don't know, so waiting reply to a message I sent.
  • Sandy_123
    Yes @Beaver79 when people had affairs in late 60s they didn't imagine DNA would pop up lol 

It's a lovely sunny day here washings out, I keep looking at the garden. I'm unsure whether to ask the gardener or just buy a mower and get my sons to do it when they can. Gardeners don't do weeding any more just lawns 
  • rubin16
    Sandy_123 said:
    Afternoon all @Adrian_Scope uber eats groceries  or runnn to the shop. 
    It's lovely here got the washer on .
    I got a DNA match last night to my dad's side who I don't know, so waiting reply to a message I sent.

Wishing you all the best in reaching out and getting a reply. I'm always curious to do a DNA thing and find relatives but not sure yet. My dad was adopted by my nan as a baby and originally comes from Ireland so don't really know my real past realitives or where I come from, also makes it awkward when doctors ask whats your family history as we don't know, but some of my ailments are hereditary so they must come from somewhere probabley why my dad was put up for adoption in the first place.
  • Sandy_123
    edited March 30
    I don't know @rubin16 alot of babies were adopted in Ireland and because of that  the DNA data base  in Ireland is very popular.  As lots of people looking to find relatives. The more that do it the more chance of getting results
  • rubin16
    Sandy_123 said:
    I don't know @rubin16 alot of babies were adopted in Ireland and because of that  the DNA data base  in Ireland is very popular.  As lots of people looking to find relatives. The more that do it the more chance of getting results

Yeah I'm defo tempted, I just don't want to upset my Nan or Dad if I do find answers or realitives as I feel like its more their decision to do that and not me. My dad has never been tempted to find out answers although just know we decend from Ireland.
  • Sandy_123
    Maybe speak to your dad about it he might not know about DNA etc. 
  • Bashford61
    Bashford61 Community member Posts: 39 Contributor
    My DNA story led to the discovery My Ex's GGG granddad wrote about my GGGAunt's Murder In Brighton. we met on the web long before we started looking at our trees together. Sort of Interesting is in one account she is described as being about 4ft 3 and webbed hands and feet. You can find an account of her Murder by googling Cillia Holloway Brighton's first trunk murder in 1831. 
  • Sandy_123
    Oh wow @Bashford61why webbed hands n feet
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'm now on my third cup of coffee so starting to feel more human. 

The DNA match sounds interesting @Sandy_123, does it tell you how close a match they are? 
  • Sandy_123
    Yes 2nd cousins on paternal line, I was like 😶 that's the closest I've got so far, no responses yet. I do have a name that I can do detective work with if all else fails. Glad you got your coffee 
  • Lou67

Hi I hope everyone is having a nice day, I’m just taking g it easy now after been busy about the house.

@Sandy_123
    Oh that’s really exciting I hope they get back you you 🤞🏾

@Beaver79
    Hi I hope your good, yeah it’s all done and feels good although I felt I was wrestling an alligator trying to turn my mattress 😂 I’v been looking at new beds in a couple off shops not sure if I should just get a good mattress or full new bed. 

❤️
  • Adrian_Scope
    I would definitely find myself playing detective if I had a name @Sandy_123! I hope they respond to you soon. 

What podcasts are you listening to today @Ada

@Lou67 I had that same quandry a couple of years back and opted just for the mattress. I've regretted it since and am now back to bedshopping!