Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Biblioklept
    I truly mean every word ❤️

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,295 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

It has been good @Biblioklept I've been following it all

• Lou67
    Options

@Beaver79
    Me to I hope you sleep well.

Goodnight everyone ❤️

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good night all.

• talis
    talis Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Options

night all sleep well my scop family

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good morning Scopicles

Hope today is not as humid and a bit of sun makes an appearance for.us all

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

GOOD MORNINGGGGGG ☀️ ❤️

Took forever to fall asleep last night as it was so humid, my whole house is pretty cool except for my bedroom, it just seems to stay stuffy and with no air no matter what I do. I considered sleeping on the sofa but the patio doors to the pitch black garden scare me at night 😅 even with the blinds across I always feel like I’m being watched. I love my blinds but thinking of getting heavy curtains, would it be weird to have heavy curtains AND blinds on the same window??

Anyway I hope everyone else slept well! I’m feeling full of energy this morning and have enough to spare if anyone needs any!
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💕

• Biblioklept
    Options

Morning @Ada, morning @Marydoll5!
    Me too @Marydoll5, the humidity is the worst xx

Do you have any plans today?

• SunflowerValley
    SunflowerValley Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options

Hi all, how is everyone today?

@Ada Oh no. Hope you feel better soon. And hope your appointment goes well.

@Marydoll5 I hope so too.

@Biblioklept I was up till 2 in the morning because the heat was just so humid. My whole house gets so warm, but it isn't too bad downstairs with fans. I thought that was just me that is scared of the darkness outside, even with the blinds shut. I'm even scared to go in the room because I feel like I'm being watched or someone is going to pop into the windows/glass doors. I think heavy curtains and blinds work okay together.

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning @SunflowerValley and @Biblioklept and @Ada

Plans today are to get false eyelashes done. It's a dummy run to see if I suit them before my son's wedding in August.

I'm changing Gp as my practice is on critical measures and it's impossible to get anything now. I have forms to fill in and leave to new practice which will be a lot closer to home too.

I'm sorry you are still having tummy pain ada. Maybe the district nurse could help?

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning all.

It's already boiling here.

• talis
    talis Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Options

morning all hot hear too

• Lou67
    Options

Morning all I hope yous all have a good day. I’m going to aqua fit at 10.30 looking forward to it.

@Marydoll5
    I got lashes for my daughters wedding nearly 3 years ago, they took a little time to get used to them it was just the natural ones so nice n light they looked good.

@Ada
    Sorry you only got 2 hours sleep. I hope the nurse can offer advice about your tummy. Is there something else bothering you.

@Bibliokept
    Sorry you struggled getting to sleep. Last summer I couldn’t stand the light coming in at the sides off my black out roller blinds so bought lovely back out curtains they are a beautiful light colour but keep the light out great and it looks better having curtains up.

❤️

Sorry to everyone I haven’t tagged I hope yous are all good. I’m having to get ready.

• Biblioklept
    Options

Aww I really appreciate you sharing @SunflowerValley ❤️ I'm glad it's not just me but it sucks that anyone else feels that way!! I don't know why it scares me so much but I'm the same, I keep thinking someone is going to pop into the window!!!

@Marydoll5, you'll have to tell me how you get on with the false lashes!! I bought some natural type ones a year or so ago to try at home and never got around to it, partly because I was worried they'd irritate me or be uncomfortable. I didn't know your son was getting married, how exciting!!! Have you already picked your outfit??

Morning @Teigr and @talis!! Same here with the heat 😥 my bathroom doesn't have any windows and the room is like a furnace this morning, made showering really uncomfortable! It's meant to ease off a little by the weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

Aquafit sounds fun @Lou67, have you been before?? I imagine it's much easier on the joints doing stuff in water! Have a great time 🏊️ You've persuaded me about the curtains, so I'm going to spend the morning searching for some!! My lounge is pretty plain so wondering if I can get away with bright bold curtains 😊

• Lou67
    Options

@Biblioklept
    Aww yes I would definitely go for a bold print for your living room seeing as it’s plain everywhere they will bring some lovely colour in.
    Thanks yes I used to go to aqua fit for a while before lockdown when I hadn’t had any off my knees done as it feels great being in the water. I joined back up a couple off weeks ago it’s £12 a month for a concession pass it’s a great price as watch class would be £6.50. I’m just finishing my tea then I’m leaving. Enjoy your day.

@Ada
    Thanks good luck with the nurse.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,825 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 26
    Options

Good morning everyone!!!!!! 😄

• Lou67
    Options

@Ada
    I think they should definitely speak to the person and see what’s going on because some people might not be aware what’s going on I hope it gets sorted for your neighbour.

❤️

• Sandy_123
    Options

morning every one another hot day. I've woke up with a sore throat and a cough.

Enjoy the pool @lou67

@Biblioklept it's was the same in my house last night hot.

Good luck with the lashes @Marydoll5

Morning @Ada and @66Mustang and every one else

• Sandy_123
    Options

Thanks @ada I'll see how it goes before I get in touch with drs as usually goes on my chest .

I will have to dry a salt gargle

• Lou67
    Options

@Sandy_123
    Morning oh no sounds like you might have what I had hope it eases soon.

@Beaver79
    Morning enjoy the sunshine it’s dull here but so clammy.

@66Mustang
    Morning I hope your well and have a great day.

❤️

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.