Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

😕sorry @Sandy_123, that's awful!

Are you still feeling rubbish? Maybe have a short nap if you can? xx

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Oh what a massive pain @Sandy_123 that's so rubbish of the GPs! I agree a power nap could be a good idea. 😊

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 747 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Sandy_123 Thats so frustrating, chemists should by now be using 1 system and can get up any prescription so you can goto any chemist and collect anything. I hate this nominating a chemist system, before I switched GP's my old gp used to send them miles away for some reason.

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• rubin16
    Options

Hope your dog has a speedy recovery, good thing you went to the vets this morning. Whats your plans for the rest of the day?

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Biblioklept
    Options

Oh no, poor little pup!!!! Sorry @Beaver79!! At least you were looking out for them and took them to the vets, so they can start getting better ❤️ I hope you're doing okay xx

• Biblioklept
    Options

If it carries on it might be worth speaking to a doctor @rubin16, like I know that isn't easy at the moment because appointments are non-existent but getting to the point you're feeling weak etc isn't good xx

• rubin16
    Options

I bought a sandwich from the shop as fancied an energy drink so got a meal deal instead, but I've just been sat looking at the sandwich for 20mins 😂

@Beaver79 wow thats expensive. I really want a pet but when it comes to vet bills and things I'm not sure I could afford one. I would have to use the PDSA if I had a pet or atleast get it insured, but with insurance do you have to pay upfront first and then claim the money back? not sure how it works.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I feel rubbish to be honest and I'm having a slow day

@rubin16 I agree maybe get to speak to a Dr

@beaver79 that's good then dog is sorted

Got me @Albus_Scope to hey asked for a pic how does one take a selfie of tonsils

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Haha, that's something I wasn't expecting to be asked today @Sandy_123 🤣

I've had to do that myself and found it easier using the front facing camera, with the light on, then get infront of a mirror and just hope for the best.

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hey everyone thanks for your nice messages I throughly enjoyed the Aqua and I even managed to walk home, it took me a while to walk but I did it and I’m so glad I pushed myself. I’m jealous off all off yous there’s no sunshine up here. I know it might be to warm for some off yous but the heat really helps my bones.

@Sandy_123
    Sorry your getting messed about with the duct it’s and chemist. I hope it gets sorted quick for you.

@Bibliokept
    I think you should definitely go with the bright curtains it’ll brighten everywhere up for you.

@rubin16
    Sorry your poorly again I hope you feel better soon.

@66Mustang
    Hope your meeting with your support worker went well.

@Beaver79
    That’s a shame poor dog hope the antibiotics work quickly, pity about the price you had to pay. 🙄

❤️

Tagging messing about again.

• Sandy_123
    Options

Dont give the drs that idea @Beaver79 they'll start using them for referrals. Actually if your too big to fit in the MRI scanner they send people to Dudley zoo to use animal scanner lol.

Well done @Lou67

@Albus_Scope I think I'll pass lol

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Teigr
    Options

Our dog's had a few ear infections @Beaver79 ,all caused by attacking the hosepipe.

We keep her in the house now when we're cleaning the pond.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 26
    Options

@Ada
    You would be eligible to use the PDSA because your on benefits. It’s worth looking into.

• rubin16
    Options

Thanks @Ada and @Beaver79. I'm thinking of getting a cat to keep me company but just weighing costs for now.

• Teigr
    Options

We have to pay the first £250.00 on Scout's insurance @Ada,none of her mishaps have cost more than £75.00 so far.

• rubin16
    Options

I need to ask my landlord first if I'm allowed a cat, but my neighbour has a cat and my other neighbour a dog so don't see an issue with it. But i'm weighing things out like costs of things such as insurance, food and toys and things, I'm also worried about them scratching my furniture at first so will have to buy plenty of scratch mats/posts and train them. Theres also the debate of letting them outside and training them to come back which I'm not sure how to do and getting them chipped and neutured.

I would love a pet though I think it would do me a world of good if I had someone to look after and take care of instead of just myself all the time.

• Biblioklept
    Options

I hope you feel better quick @Sandy_123, photo of tonsils is a new one on me!!! Good luck with that 🤣 I really hope whatever happens at the election the NHS gets fixed quickly, as it's so bad at the moment

Thanks @Lou67, I'm definitely going bright!! Just need to decide on a colour. I'm so indecisive!! I can see so many I like. I suppose it's a good problem to have though!!

@rubin16, I've been looking at getting a cat too! My only issue is getting out to actually collect one and the worry if whether I'd be able to take it to the vet should it get poorly because I can't reliably do that even for myself 😑 I have the same worries about whether I'd have it be a house cat or not too! Have you had your sandwich yet? ❤️

• Sandy_123
    Options

Thanks @Biblioklept I'm going to make a soup with the left over chicken I have to ack in the veggies and herbs

• Biblioklept
    Options

Good idea, I always find a bit of spice really helps when my throat is bad or I'm getting ill, so go to town with those herbs!! ❤️

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.