Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

glad you like the lashes @Marydoll5 sound good

Are they permanent

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I'm going to sleep now, I hope everyone has a good night 😴 😊

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 26
    Options

@SunflowerValley that sounds terrifying, I’m glad you were all okay! I don’t use a wheelchair but can imagine why it makes you feel more vulnerable too ❤️ do you live alone now?

@rubin16 i always thought I would like to move to Australia but realistically the heat and the creepy crawlies would be a definite no from me!!! 🤣how long has your sister lived there? Have you ever thought about going?

I’m glad they got to the bottom of your tummy pain @Ada, has the doc prescribed a lower dose for you? I’m glad I’ve had no side effects as I’m on 20,000 and I hate tummy pain so hoping it doesn’t start when I’ve been on them a bit longer - have you noticed any difference since you started? I don’t really know how long they’re meant to take to work or change things though x

Afternoon @66Mustang (or evening now lol!!) ❤️ I had an afternoon nap too, following a big cry 😅

How are you feeling @Sandy_123?? Did the soup help?? I’ve been thinking of you xx

The lashes sound awesome @Marydoll5! Do you know what length she used? I end up with panda eye with mascara too 🤣 always ends up all over the place after a couple of hours!!! Will you get the lashes again for the wedding?

Evening @Beaver79!! How is your son’s dog doing?

I’m watching Call the Midwife back from the start of season one at the moment - has anyone else watched it or a fan?? I’ve not seen many and really enjoy the odd episode I’ve caught. Didn’t realise how many there have been!!!

• Biblioklept
    Options

Aww noooooo!! Just missed you @66Mustang! Hopefully catch you tomorrow, sleep well ❤️

• Sandy_123
    Options

Hi @Biblioklept thanks for asking I'm really tired so I'm going to have an early night

Night everyone

• Biblioklept
    Options

Sweet dreams @Sandy_123, I hope you feel a bit better after a good night rest ❤️

• SunflowerValley
    SunflowerValley Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options

@Biblioklept Thank you. No, I've just turned into an adult recently and I don't think I'm ready to live alone yet. I would also need full time careers which at the minute is my mum. We are currently looking for a house that has a little extra area so we can convert it into my own little house. And then when I'm ready to move into it I would hire full time carers.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Marydoll5
    Glad you love the lashes I loved mine when I got them done that one time.

@Biblioklept

Oh I love call the midwife. Enjoy.

@Sandy_123
    I hope you feel better tomorrow and get a good sleep.

Goodnight everyone ❤️

• SunflowerValley
    SunflowerValley Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options

Goodnight all. Hope everyone has a good sleep. 💜

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I'm up late tonight. The lashes should last around 2-3 weeks and I will get them done for my sons wedding.

@Beaver79 the chick's are doing well. The parents are feeding them and they have more than doubled in size. Fingers crossed when they try to fly they will meet up with mum and dad and be safe

Good night everyone and sleep well 😴

• Biblioklept
    Options

Gooooood morninggggg!! It feels so hot already this morning so I think it’s going to be a scorcher ☀️ great news for those who enjoy it and terrrrible for me 😅

I hope everyone slept well ❤️

@Marydoll5 do the lashes just start coming off after that amount of time or do you have to get them removed?

I know many of us are battling various demons and whatever is on anyone’s plate today, I hope you have an amazing day ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🩷

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good morning everyone! I hardly slept again with the muggy weather. @Biblioklept some.of the lashes come off, especially with hayfever but then you get gaps filled and away you go again.

We are forecast for heavy rain. Oh well the plants need it!

• Sandy_123
    Options

Morning @Biblioklept and @Marydoll5

I was up ever hour last night needing a drink. So gave up now and got up

• 66Mustang
    Options

Good morning everyone!!!!!!! 😁

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning everyone I hope yous have a good day.

I’m feeling upset and hurt with things that have been going on in the community, I’m also upset with myself for not speaking up.
    So if I’m not on much I’m just taking a wee step back. I care for yous all lots so I will be lurking and keeping an eye on yous.

❤️

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning my lovelies, get that sunscreen on today!

Oh @Lou67 you know we think the world of you, so there's really no need to step back, but I understand the need for a bit of breathing room sometimes. Get yourself a cuppa, get a bit of sun and we'll all be here when you get back. ❤️

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 747 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning everyone, bright and sunny again although were meant to get rain later this afternoon. I managed to eat a salad last night for dinner it was the only thing I fancied and really enjoyed it in the end. I googled and apprently its perfectly normal to not want to eat when its hot, it has something to do with disgesting food creates heat so your body doesn't want it.

I'm going to meet my nan for lunch today.

@Lou67 I'm sorry you are upset, take all the time you need we are here for you. You are an amazing person and are so welcomed and loved on this community.

@Sandy_123 & @Marydoll5 sorry you both had rough nights, after today the weather is meant to go cooler again so hopefully you have a better nights sleep.

@66Mustang Morning, do you have any plans today?

Hope everyone else has a good day whats everyones plans?

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• 66Mustang
    Options

Hi @rubin16 I'm glad you are something and enjoyed it 😃 we have an insurance loss adjuster coming today so we need to stay in … I won't go into detail yet but we have a little issue, well a big one really as we needed to involve the house insurance 😂

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning all.

It was supposed to rain today but it's boiling again.

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I'm. OK I. Guess

Very windy here

Part sunny part cloudy 18 degrees

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.