Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning @SunflowerValley and @Biblioklept and @Ada

Plans today are to get false eyelashes done. It's a dummy run to see if I suit them before my son's wedding in August.

I'm changing Gp as my practice is on critical measures and it's impossible to get anything now. I have forms to fill in and leave to new practice which will be a lot closer to home too.

I'm sorry you are still having tummy pain ada. Maybe the district nurse could help?

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,968 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning all.

It's already boiling here.

• talis
    talis Community member Posts: 204 Pioneering
    Options

morning all hot hear too

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,245 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning all I hope yous all have a good day. I’m going to aqua fit at 10.30 looking forward to it.

@Marydoll5
    I got lashes for my daughters wedding nearly 3 years ago, they took a little time to get used to them it was just the natural ones so nice n light they looked good.

@Ada
    Sorry you only got 2 hours sleep. I hope the nurse can offer advice about your tummy. Is there something else bothering you.

@Bibliokept
    Sorry you struggled getting to sleep. Last summer I couldn’t stand the light coming in at the sides off my black out roller blinds so bought lovely back out curtains they are a beautiful light colour but keep the light out great and it looks better having curtains up.

❤️

Sorry to everyone I haven’t tagged I hope yous are all good. I’m having to get ready.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Aww I really appreciate you sharing @SunflowerValley ❤️ I'm glad it's not just me but it sucks that anyone else feels that way!! I don't know why it scares me so much but I'm the same, I keep thinking someone is going to pop into the window!!!

@Marydoll5, you'll have to tell me how you get on with the false lashes!! I bought some natural type ones a year or so ago to try at home and never got around to it, partly because I was worried they'd irritate me or be uncomfortable. I didn't know your son was getting married, how exciting!!! Have you already picked your outfit??

Morning @Teigr and @talis!! Same here with the heat 😥 my bathroom doesn't have any windows and the room is like a furnace this morning, made showering really uncomfortable! It's meant to ease off a little by the weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

Aquafit sounds fun @Lou67, have you been before?? I imagine it's much easier on the joints doing stuff in water! Have a great time 🏊️ You've persuaded me about the curtains, so I'm going to spend the morning searching for some!! My lounge is pretty plain so wondering if I can get away with bright bold curtains 😊

• Lou67
    Options

@Biblioklept
    Aww yes I would definitely go for a bold print for your living room seeing as it’s plain everywhere they will bring some lovely colour in.
    Thanks yes I used to go to aqua fit for a while before lockdown when I hadn’t had any off my knees done as it feels great being in the water. I joined back up a couple off weeks ago it’s £12 a month for a concession pass it’s a great price as watch class would be £6.50. I’m just finishing my tea then I’m leaving. Enjoy your day.

@Ada
    Thanks good luck with the nurse.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,767 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 26
    Options

Good morning everyone!!!!!! 😄

• Lou67
    Options

@Ada
    I think they should definitely speak to the person and see what’s going on because some people might not be aware what’s going on I hope it gets sorted for your neighbour.

❤️

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

morning every one another hot day. I've woke up with a sore throat and a cough.

Enjoy the pool @lou67

@Biblioklept it's was the same in my house last night hot.

Good luck with the lashes @Marydoll5

Morning @Ada and @66Mustang and every one else

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 24,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good morning everyone. Bright and sunny here.

Catch you later @Ada

• Sandy_123
    Options

Thanks @ada I'll see how it goes before I get in touch with drs as usually goes on my chest .

I will have to dry a salt gargle

• Lou67
    Options

@Sandy_123
    Morning oh no sounds like you might have what I had hope it eases soon.

@Beaver79
    Morning enjoy the sunshine it’s dull here but so clammy.

@66Mustang
    Morning I hope your well and have a great day.

❤️

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 24,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Thanks @Lou67 I am at the vets this morning the dog has got a really bad cough.

Enjoy your swimming.

• Lou67
    Options

@Beaver79
    Thanks oh no that’s a shame hope he’s better soon.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    Options

Hi @Ada @Lou67 I'm off to see my support worker today 😆 hopefully it goes well!!!

I hope everyone else has a good day and doesn't melt

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning my lovelies! Big love to those that need it today. Ice creams and sun shades for all of those who are already melting.

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

£12 a month sounds like a bargain @Lou67!! I'd love to do something like that but not sure I'll ever get in a public pool again. Maybe I'll win the lottery and have one built in my garden 🤣🤣🤣

I'm confused about how best to do the curtains as there's multiple windows on the same small wall but I'll make another post. Definitely going to try and be bold and go bold with the colour choice!!

Sorry your neighbour is going through that @Ada, I was fortunate not to get bullied in school but it's something I've faced as an adult and it sucks. In what way are they bullying him?? Your comment earlier about devils in sheeps wool was really interesting, it reminded me a lot of my step mum. Everyone thought she was absolutely amazing but it couldn't be further from the truth. The worst part is she was always stirring the pot behind the scenes blaming everyone else for the stuff she actually did herself. I don't think telling your friend not to trust is good advice though, I know you mean well but there are amazing people in the world too and it's only through trusting them you can forge good friendships!! Like the ones we've both been fortunate enough to make on here ❤️

@66Mustang!!!!! GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your support worker today, will respond to your PM later as I'm going to sit outside for a while and the laptop gets too hot out there 😅💗

Morning @Sandy_123, sorry you're not feeling well! I've been getting a sore throat and cough with hayfever so I hope it's just something like that rather than you coming down with something worse xx

Good morning @Beaver79, I hope you're keeping well? x

• 66Mustang
    Options

@Biblioklept I can relate about swimming, it sounds such a fun thing but I couldn't do it in public now 😕

Something that sounds super fun is swimming in like a river or something instead of a swimming pool but even if there was no one around I would feel weird doing it, like what if someone found me 😆

• 66Mustang
    Options

@Ada I'm glad you found it now at least, that happens to me sometimes!!

• Sandy_123
    Options

Ive messaged the drs as I've got a temperature with it. Probably take them a week to read the econsult

Might be best to ask the Dr about your tummy pain @ada

Enjoy being out side @Biblioklept

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.