Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I changed my mind @Sandy_123, I stepped out and it was much too hot, I don't get any shade in the garden at all until the afternoon so will wait until then!

Sorry you've get a temperature too, I hope it doesn't go to your chest and the doctor gets back to you soon

❤️sending healing love❤️

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning everyone, hope you all have a good day. Its far too hot outside today so not doing much today I don't think. My appitite has completley gone too not eaten properly in 4 days, only been having 1 sandwich a day and even that is a struggle to eat. I feel okay though just not ever hungry.

@Lou67 enjoy your aquafit class.

@Ada sorry you only had 2 hours sleep and the tummy pain is still there, I would speak to the nurse or doctor as you've had the pain a while now just to be safe.

@Beaver79 goodluck at the vets, hope they sort out your dogs cough.

@Marydoll5 have fun having your eyelashes done, let us know how you get on.

@66Mustang have a good time with your support worker.

Everyone else hope you all have a good day whatever your plans are.

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 26
    Options

I bbought A brolly that sinks into the grass to put over a chair @Bibliokept, they are not very expensive but they do the trick. Everyone fights over that chair now as it gives instant shade look at one of those

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Sandy_123 hope you feel better soon!
    @ada sorry to hear you're still getting the stomach pain, though I agree with everyone, you probably should contact your GP as it's been going on for a while. As for losing things, that's quite common for ND people, it's called "object permanence" if it's not in front of us, there's a darn good chance we'll forget about it. 😅

@rubin16 I always go off my food when it gets hot, it's never fun!

I really hope the pooch is ok @Beaver79 !

@66Mustang @Biblioklept I couldn't swim in public any more either, I'm glad sis found a private hire pool for us to use though. Even then I feel weird doing it. 😆

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Biblioklept
    Options

Eeek looks like I missed a couple of posts, so sorry I think they came when I was writing my big one.

I hope your doggo is okay @Beaver79!! Good luck at the vets ❤️

Good morning to you @Albus_Scope!! I'll take as much sun shade and ice cream as you're willing to part with! I think the sun is getting to my head, probably explains my PM back to you 😅 I'm trying to train myself to like wearing socks but I swear it's like 1000x hotter when I wear them!!

Glad you found the tens machine @Ada! I don't really know what they do, they look like those machine things people use simulate labour 🤣 does it contract the muscles when you wear them?

Morning @rubin16! 😊 My appetite goes in the heat, not sure why! 4 days is a while though, are you feeling okay other than that?

Ooooooooh great idea @Sandy_123!! I invested in one of those giant parasol things with a stand last year and I think maybe I didn't set it up properly or it was broken or something because even the slightest bit of wind it would sway all over or the brolly part would close 🤣 WIll have a look at what you've suggested, thank you! ❤️

• Sandy_123
    Options

With your big brolly @Biblioklept has it got a base that usually stops them from swaying some have bases that need water inside them

• Biblioklept
    Options

I didn't even know they did such a thing as private pools like that @Albus_Scope, do you not have to speak to the owner when you arrive? I'd wonder if they're just sat watching me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what a great idea though!!! Do you go often??

Don't get me started on object permanence, I swear I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached!! When I moved in here I'd learnt a bit about it so now have most my stuff displayed or organised where I can see it without opening stuff, it's helped a little but god it sucks. I can't tell you how much of my house is made up of things I've ordered because I forgot I had it already or couldn't find something 😅

• Biblioklept
    edited June 26
    Options

The base is heavily weighted and comes in four parts thay way soooo much each so I'm not sure it's that, it sways at the top, like the arm that comes out holding the brolly part 😥

• Sandy_123
    Options

If it's the banana brolly the top is meant to sway but if it's got heavy weights around it at the bottom it won't topple. I gave mine away as it was too big for me and heavy

• Sandy_123
    edited June 26
    Options

Here we go with the drs referred me to a chemist to that has no bus service or walking distance. Rang them up they said it's not on there system so to get InTouch with drs again. I give up

• rubin16
    Options

I feel okay, just can't seem to eat anything or get hungry. I get to the point where I'm feeling weak and even then can only nibble at things.

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Biblioklept
    Options

Eugh what pain!!!!! Honestly drives me mad. They should check that it's even accessible to you first before referring off, I get so frustrated by this sort of thing 😔

Have you called the drs again @Sandy_123 ? xx

• Sandy_123
    Options

I re messaged them and told them they replied with someone will call you tomorrow after 2pm or ring 111

Ridiculous @Biblioklept

• Biblioklept
    Options

😕sorry @Sandy_123, that's awful!

Are you still feeling rubbish? Maybe have a short nap if you can? xx

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Oh what a massive pain @Sandy_123 that's so rubbish of the GPs! I agree a power nap could be a good idea. 😊

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • rubin16
    Options

@Sandy_123 Thats so frustrating, chemists should by now be using 1 system and can get up any prescription so you can goto any chemist and collect anything. I hate this nominating a chemist system, before I switched GP's my old gp used to send them miles away for some reason.

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 24,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Thanks everyone. The dog has a chest infection and an ear infection. Been put on antibiotics and steroids have to go back next week.

• rubin16
    Options

Hope your dog has a speedy recovery, good thing you went to the vets this morning. Whats your plans for the rest of the day?

• Biblioklept
    Options

Oh no, poor little pup!!!! Sorry @Beaver79!! At least you were looking out for them and took them to the vets, so they can start getting better ❤️ I hope you're doing okay xx

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 24,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Thanks @rubin16 and @Biblioklept It cost me £101.50 for this treatment for him. I am not too bad thanks @Biblioklept

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.