Hello I'm Raisiebay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello I'm Raisiebay

Options
Raisiebay
Raisiebay Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I've got Stiff Person Syndrome and I've been wheelchair bound for 8 years now. I'm a Mum of five, 2 adults and 3 teens, all living at home. Four of them are neurodivergent. I got married 7 years ago to my partner of 22 years, but he decided that he'd had enough last year and left me to cope alone. And I've never felt so alone. Apart from my kids I have an elderly brother and his wife and a couple of friends that I don't see often. I'm a bit of a misery guts at the moment and I'm hoping to find some like minded people, or at least people who understand how difficult it is every single day. But, after that miserable introduction I really am a fun person, honestly. I'm not really into meeting up, I don't have the time and energy, but would love people to talk to that really understand. So, hello :smile:

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,210 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 23
    Options
    Hello @Raisiebay Welcome to the Community. Lots of members have issues or are carers for people who do. We are a very supportive forum and help each other where we can. If you have any questions please ask. Take care.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,529 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Raisiebay welcome from me too, it's OK to be a misery guts from time to time, you've come to the right place. Lots of us to natter to, about all sorts of things. Join in with us.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,180 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Raisiebay and a very warm welcome from me too. :) 

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but you're in the right place if you want to chat, or vent.  We're a friendly bunch here. 

If you wanted to chat and make some friends, I recommend our Coffee Lounge, or if you wanted to pass some time with some games, our Games Room is the place to be. 

If you need support with anything, please just ask, we're all here to help. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.