Pip help needed please/REPORT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip help needed please/REPORT

Options
ronaldo89
ronaldo89 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi all. I recently had My pip assessment as currently suffering from various health conditions which impact my life.

I recieved a text message from The Dwp 'We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.'

So I called the DWP and requested a copy of the report. The agent on the phone said he was able to see the type up of the report however it hadn't been assigned to a case manager yet. He will print the report out and get it sent out in the post. By looking through the report he was able to see the assessor had scored me enhanced mobility, 24 points. And 9, for daily living. Which I saw as positive.

However, is it possible the DWP case manager can now overturn the assessment decision from the scores provided in the report from the assessor? As really don't want to get my hopes up during this incredibly stressful period.

Thanks in advance for your replies 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,575 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @ronaldo89, how're you feeling today?

Usually the case manager agrees with the assessors report, it's rare they'll go against them. So please try not to worry too much. Even if they do go against the assessor, you can still ask for a mandatory reconsideration, so there are options. 
    I can empathise with the stress, I remember the wait well and it's not fun. I'd say if you can, try and do something to keep your mind occupied so you're not just thinking about PIP constantly. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,768 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The DWP DM will normally go with the report BUT not always, good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,880 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t know how the person knew what points you may have scored in the report because they are not added up. The report is a recommendation only, which is why they are not added up. 

As you’ve requested a copy of the report then I would wait until you receive it and then you can use the PIP descriptors to add up any potential points yourself. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ronaldo89
    ronaldo89 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    Had great news awarded higher rate mobility and standard daily living. Have another question please if that is OK

I currently get universal credit and claim for housing element. I get the shared accommodation rate which isn't much as I am 34. My landlord notified me recently that the rent will be increasing

I turn 35 soon, so will I get the 1 bedroom self contained rate (this would cover the difference with the rent increase) or do you automatically get it if you get pip? Never been in this situation before

Thanks in advance

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,880 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. I answered your question on your other thread here. lha-over-35-with-pip
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.