If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE :)

Options
FlamingoFeet
FlamingoFeet Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I am just a bit concerned about my pip claim as money is very tight at the moment and my health isn't great.

so i had this text come through 2days ago...

We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

i then read online now would be a good time to ask for a copy of my assessment results.. the kind lady on the end of the phone put me on hold for 5 minutes. then came back and said my assessment results will be in the post within the next 7 to 10 working days.

i then asked her how long it would be until i know my decision and she just said it could be anytime?

is this a good thing or a bad thing? just baffled me as she could send me the assessment results in 7 to 10 working days but couldnt tell me if i would be awarded pip or not and how long it will take until i know the decision?

much appreciated

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Terry26
    Terry26 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi.
    I got refused on my first application as I but down how I was able to do somethings one day and not the next. Don't know how long it will take but if it does happen you've got to ring them and question it and they will re-assess on the phone. You have to make sure you tell them how you are on your worst day. As in I struggle to walk 50 metres, Can't wash properly, dress and undress, prepare food and so on and so on. I got a phone call a week later to say I was on the lower level of PIP and DLA. It's a start.
    All the best and I hope it works out 
  • nasturtium
    nasturtium Community member Posts: 376 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Terry26
    Terry26 said:
    You have to make sure you tell them how you are on your worst day.
    I see this advice given alot online and it is one of the worst peices of advice that anyone can give for a PIP application. If you just give your worst days and for the majority of days you can manage the activities reliably then you will be commiting benefit fraud and risk having a serious penalty. It is always advised to give evidence of the problems you have for the majority of days so that is more than 50% of the time. For example if you are unable to do a activity for 2 days of the week bur can manage for the rest of the week then you will be assessed as being able to do that activity reliably for the majority of days but if you have restrictions for 4 days of the week then you will be assessed as not being able to complete the activity relaibly for the majority of days.
    If your condition varies you must make it clear that you condition does vary on your PIP2 Questionnaire form.
    Hope that helps.
    Nasturtium
    How to challenge a PIP award that has been reduced at Review https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Terry26 said:
    It fills me with complete horror when I see someone advising this. Not the correct way to go about a benefit claim at all. If you did that in the form and then went for a face to face assessment and it was one of your better days then the assessor will start wondering why you said the complete opposite in the form....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    Options

I got refused on my first application as I but down how I was able to do somethings one day and not the next.

Terry, I can see your logic - you were too honest and it went against you

• FlamingoFeet
    FlamingoFeet Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I got my pip assessment results back today and my

DAILY LIVING activities added upto to 13

MOBILITY being 11

looking at things online i should be awarded enhanced rate for my daily living and standard rate for my mobility is it likely this will be the case or can they over turn the points that have been scored on the copy of telephone assessment?

much appreciated for all your help its really getting to me now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I think you need to have another look at the mobility part because it's not possible to score 11 points here. All the mobility descriptors points are even numbers, not odd numbers so it will be impossible to score 11 points. See link.https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

You can use the PIP self test to add up the recommended points. Just transfer the dots/ticks from the report into the self test and it will add it up at the end.pip-test-form

Mostly they go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it, though it's rare. Once a decision is made you will be contacted. 
  • azam
    azam Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    I got my pip assessment results back today and my

DAILY LIVING activities added upto to 13

MOBILITY being 11

looking at things online i should be awarded enhanced rate for my daily living and standard rate for my mobility is it likely this will be the case or can they over turn the points that have been scored on the copy of telephone assessment?

much appreciated for all your help its really getting to me now.
    Any update 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.