Pip assessors report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessors report

Options
destinymoon
destinymoon Community member Posts: 121 Courageous
edited March 13 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am  anxiously awaiting DWP decision makers decision. I have received the assessors report and was just wondering if anyone can tell me if  their decision maker agreed  with their pip assessors report and points? I understand they make the final decision re points  but wanted to ask of anyone’s experience with this. Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @destinymoon, normally the decision makers agree with the assessors, but not always. I wouldn't be able to say for certain, but it can happen.  Please try not to worry too much about this as it can take a while. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,378 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've been claiming PIP since 2013 and my daughter since 2017 and I've never known them go against it. Having said that, there has been quite a few members here recently where they have gone against it. 

I know how anxious it is waiting for a decision but there's really nothing more you can do in the meantime. Try to focus on something else while you wait, I know that's difficult. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I have received a text telling me I have been awarded PIP!  As you know I have been so anxious waiting for this news! It says to wait 2 weeks for a letter. Can I ring DWP to find out if I have been awarded both the care and the mobility? The assessor gave me enough points for both but I  know the decision maker may have a different decision to this. Still anxious. Thank you 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @destinymoon Congratulations on being awarded PIP! :) I bet it feels like such a relief! You can call up, but I would give it till Monday as they can sometimes take a day or so you go onto the computer system. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I am,but, being the ever pessimist that I am I am anxious to know if I have been awarded both the care and mobility. I do currently receive lower rate DLA for mobility. Nothing else. I was over the moon  to see the text this
    morning. Then the doubts started to creep in! I did try ringing, anxious and tearful! What is wrong with me?! You are correct,  it was too early for them as no information on their system yet. Said I can ring nearer end of the day as can take a few hours. It would so put my
    mind at rest for the weekend. Been a long 5 months. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you’ve had the text saying you’ve been awarded I would expect them to be able to see what that decision is on the system. 

As you are transferring from DLA you will receive a final payment of that and they your PIP first payment will be about 7 weeks after the decision was made. You will not receive any money owed even if the PIP award is higher. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I’m not clear sorry. It is a new Pip started in October 23.  I get DLA mobility only. No care. I’m  just unsure if they have awarded the care component too. The assessors report gave me 12 points for care but that is for the decision maker to decide I know. I thought if I am awarded pip care I would get that payment backdated but not the mobility? Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Unfortunately you will not be owed any money even if your PIP includes the daily living part. This is because you’re currently claiming DLA and it’s been the law since PIP was introduced in 2013. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I’m even more confused! I never received DLA for care, only DLA for mobility. This is a new claim for PIP. I was of the understanding I would get backdated amount if I get the care as it’s new. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It doesn’t matter what award you have for DLA it’s still a DLA award and there’s still no money owed for PIP because you’re claiming DLA. 
  • poppy123456
    Options

If the DWP decide you can get PIP

You’ll get one more DLA payment after the DWP confirm you can get PIP. Your first PIP payment will be 4 weeks after your final DLA payment.

See link https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/before-claiming/if-you-get-dla/

• destinymoon
    Options
    Ok, well thanks for clarifying that! Just need to know if I have been awarded the care component now! Confused from the outset. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re welcome. Try ringing them back and you’ll likely speak to someone different who will be able to tell you what you’ve been awarded. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I did try again, no joy. Told me to ring  back around 5. It would really just put my mind  at rest for over the weekend otherwise I will be overthinking it all, as per usual!  Would relieve some of my anxiety. Thanks again. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That is very odd because you’ve had a text message and usually these are sent out once the system updates with the decision.

Confused why they told you to ring back at 5pm because they will be closed by then. They are open between 9am and 5pm. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Should I be worried? Could they have made a mistake? I think the lady earlier this morning said it can take 24 hrs for system to update? Confused to say the least. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Probably nothing to worry about. Yes it does take up to 24 hours that’s why texts are sent the following morning after the decision is made. By that time the system will have updated. 

Mostly they do go with the report, it’s rare for them to go against it. Try not to overthink it and find something to occupy your mind, though I appreciate that it’s difficult. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I received the text at 8am this morning. Maybe I am being too presumptuous. Do you think the text comes first then they update their system approx 24 hours later? Thank you again. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Usually the text comes the morning after the decision is made and that’s when the system updates. I’m sorry I can’t give any further advice other than that. 

Please try not to stress too much. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I tried again! Got cut off after waiting 50minutes. The text says I should receive a letter about the award within two weeks. If I’m lucky it may come tomorrow(not likely) so I will have to wait until Monday now! Stressed!! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.