Pip assessors report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessors report

Options

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear you got cut off! That's awful. Please try not to stress which I know it's easier said than done. Have you got much planned for the weekend? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • destinymoon
    destinymoon Community member Posts: 123 Courageous
    Options
    It is! Crazy. Hope to spend mother’s day with Mum. Both of us not in great health at the moment but hopefully we can manage the day together. Hope you have a good weekend. Thank you so much for your support. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Aww I hope you do spend it together <3 Have a lovely weekend :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Update! As you know I was sent text on Friday confirming pip but no further  details. Rang DWP again 
    today. Before being put through to someone an automated message said a payment of £431.36 will go into my account on the 21/5/ 24, which does seem a long way off. I currently receive DLA mobility low rate weekly. When I did finally get through to someone they said not on system as delays over the weekend? Decision maker just needs to sign letter off then it appears on their system. Said can see enhanced for care and standard for mobility but that doesn’t tally with the amount going in on May? She said that could be assessors decision but decision maker not agreed! Complicated?! Anyway. Will try again later or tomorrow as their systems slow apparently. So I can’t know until the decision maker has sent off letter then it goes on their system?! I am so relieved I am getting the PIP, but I won’t actually believe it until I get that letter!!! So stressful!!! Thanks again for advice 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Hope you are able to get through, or that the letter comes through quickly! <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

• destinymoon
    Options
    Thank you ! Just got off the phone … again ! I know I am 
    driving my self crazy. Confirmed  that there  are delays with letters being updated on their system at present but he did confirm the payment going in on the 2/5/24 NOT the 21ST. Told me to ring  again Friday? Knowing me I won’t wait until then. My DLA should continue til then also. At least I know I have been awarded which after 5 months is such a relief. I’m assuming by the amounts of first payment  its standard for both? Until actual letter arrives none the wiser! Thanks again 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    What I am also not clear on is why my first payment is not until 2/5? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What I am also not clear on is why my first payment is not until 2/5? 
    As you're transferring from DLA then your first PIP payment will not be for about 7 weeks after the PIP decision was made, which I did advise you in a previous comment. You will receive 1 final DLA payment and then your first PIP payment will be about 4 weeks later. 

Counting the weeks from now until 02/05 is about 7 weeks, give or take so it sounds correct to me. If your first payment is 02/05 that means your payment day will always be a Tuesday. Future payments after that date will be every 4 weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I see so just to clarify, I will get my DLA for approx the next 3 to 4 weeks (it’s paid every Wednesday) then  nothing for 4 weeks until pip first payment? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, that's correct. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Thanks again. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem.  :)
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Totally confused. Still haven’t received decision letter! Thought I was given standard gore both. Been  told today enhanced and standard and award til 2034? Nothing clear so  Then transferred.  to a case manager on phone this morning (anxiety through the roof) told me a letter should have come out to me but nothing on their system? Now saying  enhanced and standard but needs confirming by decision maker. Contacting decision maker to get letter resent? Going to see if there is a reason letter not been sent. Makes me more anxious! The amount of £431 is first payment on 2/5 but that’s not the enhanced and standard so can they be wrong? I know I need the decision  letter to be clearer  but this is stressing me. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Once the decision letter is sent it can take up to 2 weeks to receive it. Your first PIP payment could be for 3 weeks rather than 4 weeks and this could explain why it's only saying that amount. Although the automated payment line is known to give incorrect information. After that payment you will then receive payments every 4 weeks. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    It’s just so confusing when you ring up and they say they don’t understand why the letter and details from decision maker not on the system. Is it not added to their system until decision maker sends or adds it? Could  it be as the assessment advised enhanced for daily living so could they be confused by that or is that not something that would be on the system anyway. Also, award til 2034? Is that possible. Thanks you again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Once the decision is made the decision maker will add it to the system once it's updated (usually the following morning when the text is sent out, as I advised) So I'm rather confused why they can't see that decision yet. 

The assessment report is a recommendation only and not the decision. Only a decision maker can make that decision. 

If awarded until 2034 then that's a 10 year award and yes it's possible. The maximum award length is 10 years with a light touch review. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Thanks for replying again. Yes, I’m confused! One lady said  awarded enhanced and standard from  2/24 to 2034. Then spoke to case worker said enhanced but decision maker not sent out letter yet. She is going to contact decision maker and get letter sent out. This is where the confusion lies for me, so I think they are telling me the recommendations of the assessment as not actually in receipt of the decision makers final decision. If that makes sense?! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, that doesn't make sense unless the text you received was sent in error. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    in error? The automated service tells me a payment going in on 2/5 plus the agent says I have been awarded PIP. Are you saying there’s a possibility I haven’t got the award ? Surely they would know? Thanks 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    As I have a payment going in on the 2/5 this confirms PIP been awarded? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.