Pip assessors report - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessors report

Options

Comments

• destinymoon
    destinymoon Community member Posts: 123 Courageous
    Options
    Rang again, just to make sure I’ve got this right as my mind is now in overdrive!  Didn't  wait for advisor as case manager said someone would ring me if any queries. You can hold on for 40 minutes or more to speak  to anyone! When you ring them they do provide details of payment date, automated message  says my next PIP payment will be
     £431.36 on the 2/5/24. I have worked this out to be poss enhanced daily living, no mobility awarded. I  don’t think the message would be saying this if a text had been sent in error and they made a mistake do you? 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    You do seem to by tying yourself in knots. I know its difficult but I would really just wait for the award letter. No one will be able to give a definitive answer which I know you are probably looking for and have been in that position myself.

And ringing up can give a variety of answers. Honestly as hard as it is, waiting for the letter is going to the best option and that will tell you everything you need to know :)
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Thank you, yes I know, a million knots.😱 Just when you said they could have made an error with the text my mind went into overdrive. The automated service does confirm a PIP payment so I am right in presuming I have been awarded something?! 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    I agree with Ray212 here, I'd try and sit back to wait for the letter, else you're just going to be working yourself up even more which will not be great! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Yes I know! In a previous  response on here  it was mentioned PIP could have made an error in texting me saying I have been awarded PIP. But wouldn’t you agree, if the automated message tells me pip payment going in on 2/5 it must be, irrelevant of whether or not it is daily living or mobility? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree that you need to wait for the decision letter. Yes, it could have been an error but I'm only guessing here and I do not know exactly what's happened. I think ringing them up all the time isn't helping you. You will at some point receive the decision letter. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I know I am keeping on about this! How could they have sent a text saying awarded PIP … but not have awarded me PIP. I reiterate the automated message when I rang them said a payment for PIP is being paid on the 2/5. Therefore that confirms PIP award of some sort at least. Yes waiting for the letter now. Thanks again 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Told letter done on the 13/3/24. Still waiting for it to arrive in post!! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not unusual for it to take a couple of weeks to receive letters from DWP. If you don't receive it by Thursday then give them a ring because you should have received it by then. Do be aware of the closing days for Easter this weekend, which is Friday and Monday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Ok I will, thanks again 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    I did ring again. Caseworker informed me delays in post at the moment. I wasn’t expecting delivery before Easter,but, award letter came yesterday!  I can now relax, breathe and reflect over Easter. Thanks again for helpful advice 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    Phew! I'm glad the award letter has arrived! Happy Easter. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Thank you! Happy Easter to you too! 
  • M_305
    M_305 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    I did ring again. Caseworker informed me delays in post at the moment. I wasn’t expecting delivery before Easter,but, award letter came yesterday!  I can now relax, breathe and reflect over Easter. Thanks again for helpful advice 
    Hii @destinymoon, 👋 

It looks like they've put you through the wringer there. I'm glad it's all over, and you can relax now. Can I ask whether the decision maker agreed with the recommendations or not?
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Yes! I was so anxious and tied up in knots!! Drove  myself crazy. I’m very fortunate that yes, the decision maker agreed with the assessors report. 
  • M_305
    Options
    Yes! I was so anxious and tied up in knots!! Drove  myself crazy. I’m very fortunate that yes, the decision maker agreed with the assessors report. 

Yeah, it's incredibly stressful, and the waiting is the toughest part. That's fantastic news! I'm glad to hear that the decision maker agreed with the report, and you received the outcome you deserved. I'm in the same stage as you were. I received my report earlier this week, and it's positive. Now, it's just a waiting game to see if the DM agrees with it. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Have a wonderful Easter holiday!
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Pleased to hear you have received a positive report. I found myself getting caught up in negative thoughts and overthinking things. Hope you hear soon. Happy Easter to you too. 
  • M_305
    Options
    Pleased to hear you have received a positive report. I found myself getting caught up in negative thoughts and overthinking things. Hope you hear soon. Happy Easter to you too. 

I was quite surprised because it was a paper-based assessment. I know it can't be helped, to be honest. They don't make it easy, do they? I'm going to try to occupy myself in the next few weeks and try not to think about it too much. Thank you, I'll let you know on here once I get the decision. 
  • destinymoon
    Options
    Mine was paper based too. Stay positive and you’ll have a positive outcome. 
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    edited April 1
    Options
    Mine was paper based too. Stay positive and you’ll have a positive outcome. 
    The whole system is a mess with appeals etc

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.