How Does our Garden Grow? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How Does our Garden Grow?

Options

Comments

• onedayatatime
    onedayatatime Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Very impressed with your fish tank/ hydroponics set up Albus_Scope 👍 I've grown those little summer squash before and little Kuri squash as well as courgette. There was a lot of plant for just a few veg 😂 But I was picking and eating the flowers, (lightly battered and fried.)👍  
    I've thrown down lots of mooli radish seeds earlier this year in an attempt to help break up all the clay soil in preparation for next year when hopefully I'll be able to perhaps do a bit more growing 👍 Got to be strict this year though so I don't get frustrated with not being able to keep up with the plants !

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,547 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oooh, now that sounds delicious @onedayatatime I've seen people eating them on a few cooking shows. What do they taste like? I'm tempted to try our meganolia flowers if the little plant my sister just bought blooms this year.   

Ah I didn't know radish was good for clay soil, I may have to look into that myself! I totally get what you mean with the frustration. The mind is willing, but the body is weak as the saying goes. I'm terrible for ordering tonnes of seeds, then being too tired to actually harvest anything.  :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,848 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aldi also have some good garden stuff got me eye on some trellises coming out soon for about 7 quid
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,537 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Home Bargains isn't bad for things like compost and small gardening tools;we buy most of our plants from the small nursery just down the road from us.

Morrisons usually have a good selection too.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    That looks gorgeous @teigr and the doggy 
  • Teigr
    Options
    It's literally bending under the weight of all the flowers @Sandy_123 and it's been the same since I planted it almost twenty years' ago.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Gosh, that's a lot of flowers @Teigr! And such a bright colour. Looks great!
    Rosie (she/her)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 614 Pioneering
    Options
    Teigr said:
    One of our azaleas bloomed while we were away.

Looks lovely, such bright and vibrant colours.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    I'm going to look for some of them @teigr there gorgeous 
  • Teigr
    Options
    We have others in pots @Sandy_123,but they haven't flowered yet.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I'm going to take a pic of yours when I go looking nearer may to buy some plants
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Blimey @Teigr those are a tonne of lovely blooms! 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I've just had a delivery of lots of carnivorous plant soil, so I can hopefully repot some of my baby Venus flytraps, sundew and pitcher plants in my raised bog garden. That'll keep the flies at bay this summer! 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I've just noticed the rhubarb has a bunch of flowers on I need to pull off or it stops it from growing 
  • stay_positive
    stay_positive Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Options
    I love blueberries and would love to grow my own , we bought a small polytunnel with the intention of growing own veg etc, but haven't got round to it . I saw some blueberry bushes in B&Q , wondering how they would produce if in a polytunnel. We have a really sunny garden it has sunshine during summer all day . 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I'm not sure about how well they'd grow in a polytunnel @stay_positive but by the sounds of things, you wouldn't need one in your garden, they'd love all that sun! 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
  • Teigr
    Options
    We grew blueberries for a while @stay_positive,we only had one little bush so we never got much of a crop but they were easy enough to grow.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.