How Does our Garden Grow? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How Does our Garden Grow?

Options

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,848 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 23
    Options
    Thanks both I like lillies but not in side as they get on my chest. It's a bit early to plant them out as frosts 
    Hope your crop takes off @Rosie_Scope
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @Biblioklept the shed will be my office again once it gets a bit warmer. It has electricity and internet, but no heating.   :D
    That's so cool @Albus_Scope, like you're own secret lair or hideaway!!! 

Sorry your lillies got trashed @ada, will you be growing more again?? I love the greenhouse, I'm going to try it! There's so much choice online that it's a bit overwhelming and I'm worried I'm throwing loads of money into an interest that I'm going to fail miserably at, but I think if it works and goes well it would be so good for me

That's beautiful @Sandy_123 <3 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They're so beautiful @JW77!! I'd love such a bright colourful garden!
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Loving the colours @jw77
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,537 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My next door neighbour's been trying to grow a passionflower @JW77,but she's the kiss of death to everything she plants.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,547 Scope online community team
    Options
    Don't worry @Teigr once a passionflower takes off, it turns into a weed!  We were forever pulling chunks of it out in our old house haha. Beautiful magnolias there, have you seen the 'meganolias' they're selling now? The flowers are as big as a childs head! 

Beautiful colour choices there @JW77, the bees will thank you for the buddleia for sure. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Thanks everyone for your beautiful garden photos.
    I’m jealous I stay in a flat but share a  back garden with my neighbours.
    Keep your photos coming.  ❤️
  • Teigr
    Options
    Next door's passionflower shrivelled up and died @Albus_Scope,her brother in law bought her a replacement but she's managed to murder that too.

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    Oh blimey, that's quite the skill then! Were they watering it with tea or something?  :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    I have been really jealous of everyone posting garden pics. Maybe tomorrow I can find something in my new garden to post?? I didn't notice anything much growing in there when we viewed the house mainly because I was examining the horrible tiny rabbit hutch with no cover on it hoping there wasn't a miserable resident in it. There wasn't fortunately, but it did let me be more hopeful about the landlord allowing ours. Who will no doubt do their best to eat anything that is growing because I don't believe in keeping them locked up. I will cage the plants not the rabbits, at least not during the day.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Raised planters might be a good solution there @bookrabbit ? Fingers crossed you'll have lots of lovely blooms of your own to admire soon. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Teigr
    Options
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Everyone! It is lovely that you have gardens, good bad or indifferent, and it doesn't  matter if do you murder plants  - at least you try! I am going to try and grow herbs this year. I am of course looking at disaster in the face, but I did manage once before.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good luck @Steve_in_The_City! I've never managed to keep a basil plant alive for very long, but I've had some success with thyme and chives in the past. It's always nice to be able to cut a few fresh sprigs of something to stick in whatever you're cooking :)
    Rosie (she/her)

• Teigr
    Options
    We did loads of work in the garden yesterday and I was hoping to get out there again today but it's raining.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 757 Pioneering
    Options
    My garden 2 years ago before my son moved home last year with a 3 month Cocker Spaniel

My garden tonight as I try to rescue something from it.  20 years of work down the drain

... I've actually cried a few tears at the destruction and plants lost that I've nurtured from seeds or cuttings

I tell people that the Work in Progress is new horizons, when secretly I resent the loss

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.