Hi, my name is gym! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gym!

Options
gym
gym Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi.I have received a message on my universal credit journal saying I have been awarded pip.but it does not say anything else.will I receive a physical letter through the post, as my local council wants a copy so I can apply for a disabled person travel pas.I am new to pip so I don't know what to expect. Thanks for any information in advance 😊 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @gym and welcome to the community. :)

Big congrats on your PIP award, that's great news!  Yes you'll receive a letter in the post in the next couple of weeks explaining everything, but often money you're owed arrives in the bank before the letter arrives. Then once you have the award letter, you'll be able to apply for that bus pass. :)  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • gym
    Options
    Heya @gym and welcome to the community. :)

Big congrats on your PIP award, that's great news!  Yes you'll receive a letter in the post in the next couple of weeks explaining everything, but often money you're owed arrives in the bank before the letter arrives. Then once you have the award letter, you'll be able to apply for that bus pass. :)  

Thanks albus.my life will change unimaginably when I can get out and about. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I am totally stoked for you @gym I remember how life changing it is when you finally get that PIP sorted. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 565 Pioneering
    edited March 28
    Options
    UC is separate from PIP,if you have been awarded PIP it wouldn't go on your UC journal as it has nothing to do with PIP.

Are you sure it's PIP?

• gym
    Options
    Hi @noman.i claimed for pip.I had the telephone assessment for over a hour.do you think it is something else then.as I don't know 😕 🤔 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    It may be worth you leaving a reply on your UC journal asking for clarification.
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • gym
    Options
    I have just looked at my journal.it says they have decided that I have limited work capability,and that I don't need to actively look for work.I don't really understand. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Ah gotcha, yes that's nothing to do with PIP, that's to do with your Universal Credit.  Does it say "Limited capability to work" or "Limited capability for work related activities"?
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • gym
    Options
    It says limited work capability. I really am confused 
  • gym
    Options
    It also says. I do not have to look for work. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Ok it sounds like you had a work capability assessment related to your universal credit. More information can be found here. PIP is a totally separate benefit from Universal credit. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.